Disaster Mental Health Team Member- York County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The purpose of this position is to provide Disaster Mental Health (DMH) services to clients and Red Cross workers during preparedness, response, and recovery within a chapter/region.
- Provide Disaster Mental Health interventions to clients impacted by a disaster.
- Participate in relevant meetings and activities as a member of the Disaster Mental Health chapter team.
- Participate in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local mental health agencies.
- Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental health strategies.
Time Commitment: Varies
- CURRENTLY LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS:
- At minimum, holds a master’s degree in one of the mental health professions listed below; and
- Holds a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW)
- CURRENT SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGISTS AND SCHOOL COUNSELORS:
- At minimum, holds a master’s degree in school psychology or school counseling; and
- Holds a current, unexpired license or certification as a school psychologist or school counselor issued by a state board of education.
- CURRENT PSYCHIATRIC NURSES:
- Have a state license as a registered nurse; and
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a psychiatric setting, verified by a letter from a current or previous employer.
- RETIRED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS:
- Meet the above educational criteria for specified profession; and
- Held a license (any level license) from any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, psychiatric nurse or psychiatrist, or a certificate as a school psychologist or school counselor, within the 5 years* prior to on-boarding as a Disaster Mental Health worker; and
- Maintained a license or certification in good standing upon retirement and without any disciplinary action taken by the issuing U.S. state or territory licensing or certification board.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations York, PA 17401
August 12, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask