Grant Writer - Help Firmly Establish California Mindfulness Institute, For A Mindful World
Grant Writer - Help Us Firmly Establish California Mindfulness Institute, For A Mindful World
Note: We appreciate applicants who read through to the end and contact us as we have requested.
Have you ever wondered if you could support, learn from, and grow with an organization that provides Mindfulness to reduce the pain and suffering of the world?
Here is an opportunity to do just that. We need funding to transition our organization, Perfectly Here, from a center model to a university model, California Mindfulness Institute. Our Mindfulness programs begin with Mindfulness curricula created by UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center and continue to advanced and beyond Mindfulness. We have served mothers and fathers and many who suffer from the tremendous pains of loss. We have helped doctors and nurses who had become desensitized to the pain of patients and their family members. We have trained thousands of community members, including therapists, caregivers, children, and teens, to live without stress and anxiety with attentiveness, kindness, and wisdom.
We need funding to hire and pay proper salaries to qualified teachers and administration to resume serving families, children, and teens. With the university model and expansion, we will create jobs for many Mindfulness teachers and qualified staff who cannot make their careers viable.
Having been teaching online for the past year and a half, we are in a position to educate and train a much larger community that needs us.
We are looking for exceptional people who have the skills, expertise, experience, passion, and time to join this meaningful legacy. The world is changing fundamentally, and people worry about the uncertainties of the future and suffer from the sorrows of the past. Millions of people continue to suffer from a lack of wisdom and attention to their work, their lives, their loved ones, to their own health and well-being. But we can help, as we have for over 14 years.
Perfectly Here is a dba of Mindful Valley, established in 2007, serving the greater Los Angeles area, across the nation and globally via the Internet. We are a non-profit organization, teaching individuals and groups the art of Mindful Living through curricula designed by the Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA and our expanded programs. We are transitioning to California Mindfulness Institute.
Our goal is to offer these and other advanced Mindfulness programs to 30,000 new people in the next three years. And we need the necessary funding for the next 3 years to accomplish this mission.
Our founder, Dr. Manijeh Motaghy, is Thought Leader, Author, an International Speaker, UCLA Affiliate Mindfulness Teacher, and a Corporate Trainer. She is an Organizational Psychologist and holds an Inner MBA from NYU. Manijeh is an expert in transforming her students and clients to optimized levels of personal and professional advancement. She is our guiding teacher.
This volunteer position is for Grant Writer Volunteers to secure funding for California Mindfulness Institute's operations and scholarship programs. If appropriate, applicants may consider a fee for their time and work expensed within the grant. This is to be discussed and approved by our founder and or board of directors.
We seek applicants who have a proven record of having acquired grants-those who understand our line of work and can present us properly. We understand volunteers may have reasons to stop their work. We specifically seek those who can stay with us, at least to complete the process of each application to final submission.
The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, private, and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing, and editing grant applications and developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills and the ability to utilize those skills to create successful proposals.
- Identify and conduct prospect research on foundations and corporations for potential grant requests of support.
- Obtain necessary information for proposals/grants and applications.
- Develop and prepare proposals and grant applications according to guidelines; comply with all follow-up grant reporting required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to comprehend better all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and recommend the seeking of grants.
- Works with Perfectly Here leadership and utilizes research tools to identify key foundation officers, trustees, and other contacts and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Maintain a master calendar for their grant activity, to include submitted proposals and grant requests
- Maintain current records in our Shared Folder and paper files as appropriate, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Fundraising, Public Administration, Business Administration, or similar field and/or equivalent experience.
- 3 years minimum successful experience in grant writing and/or strategic fundraising
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Non-profit fundraising experience
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively
- Ability to inspire, motivate and foster a sense of teamwork among team members
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with Perfectly Here’s message and goal
- Access to approved Mindfulness offerings at little or no cost
- Learning and growing with us: Experience in self-growth and professional development
- Being a part of a global legacy and growing organization
- Working with mindful people
- Learning stress-management techniques
- Multiple locations
- Virtual friendly
Please familiarize yourself with our organization and offerings by visiting our website: https://perfectlyhere.org/.
EMAIL US AT : firstname.lastname@example.org and briefly let us know why you would be a good fit. Please tell us about your experience with mindfulness and meditation as well as your professional experience. You may attach a resume if you choose and/or l ink (to your best work, portfolio, or projects).
Please type "GrantWriter_YourName" in the subject line.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Perfectly Here DBA of MINDFUL VALLEY
9320 Hartman Way, West Hills, CA 91304, US
Perfectly Here’s mission is to train individuals in Mindfulness and help strengthen their inner resources of attention, compassion, and wisdom. This can help relieve stress, anxiety, pain and other symptoms related to mental and physical illnesses and control impulsive behavior. Further, participants learn the necessary skills to live a happier more fulfilled life.
Perfectly Here was established in 2007 under the name Mindful Valley with a policy of "No one turned away for lack of funds." In addition to general scholarships, we have held a special space for our veterans, first-responders and their family members to learn and apply the skill of mindfulness to their lives and well-being. Other scholarship programs include Kuroosh Compassionate Recover Program to help families devastated by addiction and loss.
MV established it’s Non-profit 501C3 status in 2015 continued dba, Doing Business As, Perfectly Here. We have served the greater Los Angeles and beyond for over 13 years as a leading Mindfulness and Meditation training organization. We pride ourselves in providing high quality non-secular Mindfulness training by combining scientific research, psychology and related wisdom teachings and practices.
Our programs include a mixture of UCLA Certified courses, custom designed workshops and retreats overseen by our Co-Founder and Program Director, Dr. Manijeh Motaghy, and her team of instructors. These programs include Mindfulness for parents, teen and children, specialized Mindfulness-based courses for improved Relationships and Communication, Adults with ADHD and more. Our Beyond Mindfulness courses offer an expanded opportunity to develop in the Art of Living.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 14, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Analysis
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- We understand volunteers may have reasons to stop their work. We specifically seek those who can stay with us, at least to complete the process of each application to final submission.