Director of Health Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
JAARS Health Services exists to provide medical care and related lab and pharmacy services to the missionary, volunteer and paid staff of Wycliffe, SIL, JAARS and their partner organizations for prevention and treatment of illness. The position of Director exists to facilitate the smooth and proper functioning of the clinic. This role includes the oversight of the administrative staff, medical director, laboratory supervisor and medical support staff. Patient care is under the authority and responsibility of the medical director who is medically and legally qualified for this oversight.
This position could start as Assistant Director of Health Services, and expand over time.
- Ensure adequate staffing with qualified persons for all positions
- Confirm income and expenses are recorded in a timely manner and reflected in departmental budgets and financial reports
- Provide operational oversight of clinic staff and operations
- Provide a healthy working environment that encourages unity among the medical team and ensures professional and compassionate care for patients
- Participate with and assist the JAARS leadership team
- Comply with regulatory agency requirements, including OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior administrative/leadership experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Desire to be enthusiastic, encourage and create a positive experience for others
- Medical training and experience preferred but not required
- Learner’s heart that is willing to listen and learn from others
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
Our Vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language. Our Mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers, and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in a language and form they clearly understand. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
August 2, 2022
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check