AmeriCorps Up2Us Paid Internship
About this Job Founded in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve their potential by providing them with coaches trained in positive youth development. We do this by identifying, training and supporting coaches in their communities who bring sports-based youth development to the most underserved communities. The Up2Us Coach and Up2Us Training programs empower youth-based organizations across the country to become a united force for meaningful change. Up2Us Coach is the first national service program to identify and train young adults to coach and mentor kids in low income communities. Coaches are trained in youth development and mentoring strategies to promote physical activity, healthy living, and good decision making, while cultivating caring, trust-based relationships with the youth they serve. AmeriCorps State and National programs provide thousands of Americans each year the opportunity to improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. A federal agency, AmeriCorps works hand in hand with local partners, tapping the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation. AmeriCorps invests in thousands of nonprofit and faith-based groups that are making a difference across the country. Up2Us Sports is a proud member of the AmeriCorps community. Position is responsible for coaching student-athletes in proper techniques to prepare them for games and events. Their duties include organizing practice sessions, monitoring each participant, recommending safe techniques, and supervising warm-ups. Duties:
- Attends coaches meetings.
- Encourages youth to participate.
- Assesses skill levels of participants by observation, during games and practice, to determine the needs for individual improvement.
- Organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs participants, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Establishes and maintains standards of participants' behavior and always provides proper supervision of student-athletes.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards participants, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promote the program.
- Maintains equipment inventory and other related records.
- Design, implement, and participate in age appropriate activities.
- Assist in the general operation of Premier Athletics for Youth Development programs.
- Request proper equipment, materials, and supplies to help achieve program objectives and goals.
- Organize and maintain files in a confidential manner.
- Maintain records and create reports and financial statements.
- Process journal entries.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media).
- Manage posting schedule and engagement initiatives on social media platforms.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 year Associates degree, 2 years of college coursework, or related experience preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certifications must be obtained within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must posses a valid drivers license or State ID.
- Familiarity with personal computers and basic programs (i.e. Office 365) and QuickBooks preferred.
- Exceptionally reliable, extremely organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Self-motivated and good at working under minimal direction and supervision.
- Must be able to physically participate in activities with children.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques.
- Student enrolled in a marketing related major/equivalent or have graduated within the last year with a degree in a marketing related major/equivalent preferred.
Premier Athletics for Youth Development is the next generation of youth sports programming and family support services that transcend traditional youth sports programs by focusing on a broader range of developmental needs.
Premier Athletics for Youth Development assist youth, ages 7 through 12, improve their academic scores in areas in which they struggle. We provide mentorship, homework assistance, and teach life lessons that allow the kids to reach their full potential.
Paid InternshipPAY RATE
$9,283.98 Per yearDURATION
Temporary / SeasonalCompany Details HEADQUARTERS
717 Harrison Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007, United StatesWEBSITE
https://www.facebook.com/PremierAthleticsKZEmployer Preferences MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA 3.0 PREFERRED SCHOOL YEARS Junior, Senior, Masters, Doctorate, Postdoctoral Studies, Alumni, Second Year Community / Technical College, Certificate Program PREFERRED MAJORS All Elementary Education, Health & Physical Education, Radio, Television, Media, Documentary/Film, Digital Communication, Advertising, Journalism, Communication & Media Studies, Sales, Accounting, Non Profit Management, Sport Business & Marketing, Business Administration & Management, Marketing, Finance & Financial Management, and Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies majors WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS US work authorization is required, but the employer is accepting OPT/CPT candidates
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PREMIER ATHLETICS FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
717 HARRISON ST, KALAMAZOO, MI 49007, US
The mission of Premier Athletics for Youth Development is to help all children develop the life skills necessary to become self-reliant, responsible citizens and community leaders.
Premier Athletics for Youth Development’s innovative programs incorporate sports with a commitment to progressive youth development.
Our organization was founded on June 16, 2016.
Our Learning Lab program consist of one-on-one and small group tutoring sessions in which trained volunteers work with students on a particular academic skill.
The Personal Growth Workshop is designed to assist children in achieving important life tasks, by enhancing their ability to integrate thinking, feeling, and proper behavior.
Hundreds of children between the ages of 5 through 12, participate in our Youth Football and Cheer program. Our goal is to firmly implant the ideals of leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence in each child.
Our Youth Basketball program encourages good sportsmanship, developing strong playing skills, and friendly relationships. Our organization strives to maintain, as its primary goal, to provide a fun, safe, recreational environment.
We partnered with Loy Norrix High School Wrestling, along with MYWAY, and started the KPWC to offer training and wrestling opportunities for youth student-athletes. Our club is open to both boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 13.
1921 Alamo AvenueKalamazoo, MI 49006
July 3, 2021
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Able to work flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- • Completion of the minimum required hours of service and training by last day of coach contract • Attend Up2Us Coach orientation • Completion of bi-weekly timesheets • Attend days of community service