6 people are interested
Help with COVID-19 Testing
6 people are interested
Quick Overview: Volunteers will be providing widespread COVID-19 testing to the citizens of Los Angeles so we can understand the extent of our challenge and identify clusters of infection to help prevent further spread. These centers offer free Covid-19 testing to any members of the community.
Impact: Your efforts will assure the efficient flow of patients through the process and make sure patients can successfully self-administer the test. You will also relieve team members from work in testing centers.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-checking people to ensure they have an appointment before allowing them to enter the test site
- Checking registered people in for their appointment and giving them a test kit
- Guiding people through the self-administered test
- Performing inventory, and other organizational tasks around site.
- Volunteers work under the constant supervision of LAFD representative and follow strict safely protocols to assure the wellness of our team
- Volunteers do not actually perform the test, the tests are self-administered in a drive through format
- Volunteers are provided the appropriate gear in accordance the LAFD standards to assure our safety
- Be 18 or over
- We STRONGLY suggest they have their own transportation and are willing & able to transport themselves to whatever site is in need of support.
- Have legal ID & social security number
- Be willing to sign & send release forms & give consent for background check prior to training.
- Can commit to any period of time, 1 day or longer.
We Highly recommend that all Volunteers:
- Are in good overall health
- Have NO known exposure to coronavirus & are willing to be tested if necessary
- Be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Be able to stand up to four hours a day
- Be able to work while wearing protective gear in warm weather
We highly recommend that our Volunteers are not at high risk for severe illness from Covid-19 as defined by the CDC.
The CDC defines those at high-risk as:
- Individuals age 65 and over
- Individuals of all ages with underlying medical conditions, including those with:
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Moderate to Severe Asthma
- Serious Heart Conditions
- Immunocompromised issues
- Severe Obesity (body mass index 40 or higher)
- Chronic Kidney Disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver Disease
- Individuals living in a nursing home or long-term care facility
Volunteers are directed to wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, closed toed shoes (no slippers, etc.) and are provided with safety gear (mask, eye shield, gloves, and a gown) to wear while onsite.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About 911 COVID Testing
1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
911 Covid Testing Mission Statement: To promote health and safety by preventing and controlling the transmission of COVID-19.
911 COVID Testing’s state-of-the-art locations provide drive-up testing services from friendly and experienced practitioners. With online booking, iPad check-ins, and brief wait times, we make it simple to receive the results you need, fast.
Volunteers will be providing widespread COVID-19 testing to the citizens of Los Angeles so we can understand the extent of our challenge and identify clusters of infection to help prevent further spread. These centers offer free Covid-19 testing to any members of the community.
Multiple locations Santa Monica, CA 90401
August 7, 2021
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Orientation or Training