2 people are interested
Market Research Manager (Volunteer)
2 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing, and taking initiative and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
About the role:
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Market Research Manager to join us at ADC. You will be working closely with the P roduct Management and Marketing & Communication team s, and will help to shape the new revenue generating products and services for a start-up social enterprise. To make the role more challenging this is on a volunteer basis, and the core team and Head of Product Management and other members of the Product Management team are volunteers too.
Given the constraints of part-time resources, we are looking for a special candidate that can bring significant experience to the table and help shape our IT Consultancy proposition playing a key role to ensure that ADC’s approach is evidence-based, and that it has a sound academic base to support the proposition that is being developed.
The successful person will be responsible for selecting the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet defined business objectives, synthesizing key findings, forming recommendations for the business and ensuring that sources and research outputs are easily accessible to other team members.
The reward will be that the product and services created will be used to generate revenue to fund our social projects in Africa.
Main Duties and Objectives:Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct, synthesize and organize research on best practices and lessons learnt to help shape the IT Consultancy Proposition and other product and service propositions
- Communicating with key stake holders to understand and document business requirements
- Carry out original, high-level individual and collaborative research with other team members
- Leading and project management of secondary research
- Identify and share relevant insights that could or should impact strategic decision making and project methodology
- Participate in the design and analysis of data collection methods (census, surveys, focus groups) to confirm the validity of product propositions and marketing concepts
- Assist in the development of a monitoring and evaluation framework (once service is live)
- Interpret data, write reports, and make actionable recommendations based on research findings and insights
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards
- Minimum 3 years in a market research role
- Expertise/interest in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Methodical capacities to synthesize organize and communicate key research findings.
- Strong IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent data analysis and statistical knowledge
- A committed team player with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Research experience in EMEA and understanding of unique issues for IT/Technology sectors
- Familiarity with product development and working with and marketing to SME's, and knowledge of latest market drivers (e.g. sustainability, post-pandemic recovery)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to actively take initiative and help set things up in a start-up environment.
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment.
- Available to volunteer at least 7 - 10 hours a week
- Minimum 1 year IT or Telecommunications sector experience (desired)
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities.
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession.
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world, that is changing lives in Africa.
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise.
- We will provide work reference for you.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 3, 2021
- Market Research / Analysis
- 7 - 10 hours per week