1 person is interested
Girls on the Run Coach
1 person is interested
- Head coach must be a woman
- Must be at least 21 years old
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Must consent to, complete, and pass a background check
- Attend Girls on the Run coach training
- Attend all (two) practices per week for a weekly time commitment of approximately 4 hours
- Feel comfortable learning to facilitate practices in an online space
- Have fun!
- Serve as a role model for program participants
- Prepare, organize and supervise weekly lessons
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery
- Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of program participants
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K
- Plan and coordinate your team’s end of season party
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Girls on the Run of Northern Arizona
2920 N. 4th Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, US
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Meeting twice a week in small teams of 8-15 girls, we teach life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games. The 24-lesson curriculum is taught by certified Girls on the Run coaches and includes three parts: understanding ourselves, valuing relationships and teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large.
Running is used to inspire and motivate girls, encourage lifelong health and fitness, and build confidence through accomplishment. At each season's conclusion, the girls and their running buddies, complete a 5k running event. Completing a 5k gives the girls a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals. The result--making the seemingly impossible, possible and teaching girls that they can.
Multiple locations Flagstaff, AZ 86004
July 2, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week in addition to a 4 hour Coach training occurring once.
- Head coach must be a woman Must be at least 21 years old CPR and First Aid certified Must consent to, complete, and pass a background check Attend Girls on the Run coach training Attend all (two) practices per week for a weekly time commitment o