Recreational Soccer Coach
Rec League Coaches work with one team of girls and/or boys within the SBU Recreational Soccer League during Fall and/or Spring Seasons. Coaches run short practices and manage games for youth that compete against the other teams within the SBU league, which consists of 9 age groups and 62 teams. Coaches not only share the joy of playing the sport but also reinforce the values that sport helps develop (teamwork, discipline, respect, etc).
* Saturday morning/afternoon in Fall and Spring. Coaches volunteer a set 1.5 - 2 hour slot between 9am - 5pm. The time slot is dependent on the age group being coached.
* Fall runs September - November
* Spring runs mid-March - June
WHERE (Coaches are only required to be at one site)
* Macomb's Dam Field: 161st St between River and Jerome Avenues. The field is on the Southside of Yankee Stadium across from Gate 4
* Mullaly Park: Jerome Avenue at 165th Street. Park is on the north side of Yankee Stadium
* Patterson Playground: College Ave. at 147th St
* Coaches must be able to commit to being present for at least 1.5 hours every Saturday (excluding holiday weekends) during the season
* One season commitment minimum, but two seasons is preferred
* Coaches should understand they will be the point person for contact with families and players and willing to make phone calls home to ensure plays are aware of games/other important news
Previous soccer knowledge is not required, but enthusiasm for working with children is a necessity.
We will provide volunteers with orientation materials, coaching training, and a coaching manual. A formal orientation/ training will be held prior to each season. Coaches will be assigned to age groups (age 4-19) based on experience, availability, and preference.
In addition to helping provide the resources and support to allow under-resourced youth the opportunity to participate in an organized sport, coaches will have opportunities for professional coaching trainings and will be connected to a network of caring volunteers for fun soccer-related events throughout the year.
About South Bronx United, Inc.
594 Grand Concourse, Suite #2, Bronx, NY 10451, US
South Bronx United uses soccer as a vehicle for social change. South Bronx United aims to help youth build character, teamwork, and leadership so that they can succeed in high school, college, careers, their community and beyond. South Bronx United strives to promote educational achievement, health and wellness, and character development through activities on and off the soccer field and to UNITE a diverse group of individuals and an incredibly diverse community toward common positive goals.
South Bronx United is a youth development organization dedicated on serving the South Bronx through education, mentoring, and soccer programs. Our goal is use the sport and the strength of mentoring to help boys and girls, ages 4-19, develop as leaders and scholars.
192 E 151st StBronxBronx, NY 10451
September 10, 2021
- Outdoor Recreation
- COMMITMENT • Coaches must be able to commit to being present for at least 1.5 hours every Saturday (excluding holiday weekends) during the season • One season commitment minimum, but two seasons is preferred • Coaches should understand they will b