Support Military Families by Serving as a Critical Community Services Caseworker!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be a part of one of our great lines of service in Service to the Armed Forces! This position supports the Regional SAF department and can be a virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. Ensure
military families are supported and their needs are met when faced with an emergency.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, and private personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
- Support financial hardships/assistance by conducting an intake interview to assess all client needs and provide appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies. The follow up process should include making follow-up calls to veterans and/or other eligible military family members to determine if their needs are met and provide other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state, and federal resources aiding military members, families, and veterans
* Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
* Ability to work with or without supervision
* Able to work with culturally diverse populations
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=90491&h=193&p=1864067
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Stroudsburg, PA 18360
February 28, 2024
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Veteran Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training