14 people are interested
Small Events Project Lead
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Help the Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) by serving as an HSLC Small Events Project Lead. Each project lead will be responsible for managing a specific HSLC event or event type. These small-scale events help to raise awareness, encourage participation, and generate funding in support of HSLC’s life-saving mission. On-the-job training and mentoring will be provided. Key responsibilities include:
- Research event options appropriate for a small animal rescue and present them to the events committee for vetting.
- Once an event is approved by the committee, create a schedule of tasks and a simple budget, if necessary.
- Working with the Events Manager, ensure that any required documentation (e.g. proof of insurance) is provided.
- Working with the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit and manage onsite volunteers needed for the event.
- Working with the Director of Marketing, create a basic promotional plan for the event.
- Serve as the main point of contact for any event partners and volunteers.
- Prepare orientation documents for all event volunteers at least 48 business hours prior to an event.
- Coordinate day-of event logistics including check-in procedures as well as transportation of equipment, marketing materials and give-aways.
- Consult with the Events Manager of any event day challenges (e.g. weather-related).
- Give periodic updates to the event committee on the planning process as well as a post-event debrief.
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
We are a foster-based, all-volunteer organization that saves and improves the lives of vulnerable animals by providing care and placing adoptable animals into loving forever homes.
HSLC has been helping animals since our founding in 1966. HSLC has no paid staff nor a physical facility or shelter; all of our animals are in foster homes, display cages at local pet stores, or in temporary boarding until they are adopted into their furever homes.
Thanks to community support, HSLC helped thousands of animals in 2021:
- 185 cat adoptions
- 3 dog adoptions (Note: we need more dog fosters!)
- 111 community cats helped
- 1,165 pets spayed/neutered
- 3,482 Loudoun Pet Pantry animals fed
Multiple locations Leesburg, VA 20178
September 23, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3-4 hours per week
- Enhance leadership and communication skills Build personal profile in the community Interact with and meet a variety of people Gain experience with events/project planning Invitation to volunteer appreciation events