3 people are interested
Animal Rescue - Small Events Coordinator
3 people are interested
Help the Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) by serving as the HSLC Small Events Coordinator to deliver smaller scale fundraising events that inspire and engage participants in HSLC’s mission, while encouraging financial support. On-the-job training and mentoring will be provided. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the smaller scale event fundraising plan that moves HSLC toward its vision, in collaboration with the board of directors, the events committee, and donors.
- Manage and coordinate small scale events (e.g., bingo and happy hours).
- Maintain and continue developing relationships with corporate sponsors and vendors associated with the events.
- Maintain fundraising events calendar.
- Maintain records of sponsor contact in a database.
- Prepare budgets. Forecast income and expenses for your events.
- Plan and execute all aspects of small scale special events such as researching locations, negotiating contracts, overseeing the special event budget, coordinating transportation of table materials to site, and working with the volunteer coordinator to recruit and manage onsite volunteers.
- Develop volunteer sign up sheets and event announcement strategies, create and launch reminder communications, and coordinate onsite check-in procedures and logistics.
- Co-lead the events committee.
- Passion for animal rescue.
- Previous experience in fund development, event management, fundraising events, project management, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written forms, as well as forge and maintain relationships with event stakeholders, with a strong focus on quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, as well as contributing to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines .
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Drive.
- Provide your own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Community advocacy and leadership
- Relationship building
- Enhance leadership and communication skills
- Interact with and meet a variety of people
- Experience with events planning
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints newsletter and/or the HSLC Heroes newsletter
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a foster-based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our community to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
Based in Loudoun County Virginia, our programs and services include Rescue (Intake), Foster, Adoption, Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) / Community Cats, Barn-Working Cats, Pet Pantry, Low Cost Spay / Neuter, Financial Assistance, Media & Public Relations, Youth Education & Programs, Humane Education, Paw Prints Newsletter, General Helpline & Email, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Social Events, Fundraising Events, and Community Outreach.
In 2019, we supported 134 adoptions, helped 169 community cats, moved 22 working cats, supported 773 spay/neuter surgeries, and delivered 21,475 pounds of Pet Pantry food to Loudoun Hunger Relief. We are looking to surpass these numbers in 2020 through the help of our incredible volunteers.
Multiple locations Leesburg, VA 20178
August 15, 2021
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3-4 hours per week