Corps Volunteer - Belvidere Corps
Be a part of serving the community by helping with general tasks at Belvidere Corps!
The Corps Volunteer will help to create a positive atmosphere at the corps community center. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and helping visitors
- Keeping building tidy
- Helping with food pantry preparation or distribution
- Handling paperwork
- Answering phones
- Assisting staff with special projects
The Corps Volunteer can create their own schedule anytime Monday - Friday between 9am - 3pm.
- 18 years or older
- Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please sign up here or contact Linda Merrow at (815)544-3892 or email@example.com. You may also visit http://bttr.im/l3dgn to start the application process.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
422 S. Main StBelvidere, IL 61008
July 1, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Whether you volunteer for one shift, or become a regular volunteer, we are grateful for your dedication to forwarding the Salvation Army mission by providing good to your community!
- For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.