5 people are interested
5 people are interested
A successful volunteer coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organization while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
The responsibilities include: Recruiting, training and supervising new volunteers. Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills and maintain an up-to-date database. Ability to use marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer opportunities. Match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets and ensuring the volunteers understand their responsibilities and receive proper training. Organize training and lead on-the-job training. Keep schedules and records of volunteers' work. Ensure the organization's mission is conveyed to the public.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Central Islip Civic Council, Inc.
68 Wheeler Road, PO Box 219, Central Islip, NY 11722, US
Affordable Housing Programs, The Central Islip Civic Council has built over 450 new homes for 1st time home buyers. The Council is a leader in providing creative, affordable housing solutions. We provide Foreclosure Intervention Services and Mortgage Modification Help. We have an emergency Food Pantry. The Council provides cultural and family fun festival events and historic education, The Council has actively encouraged economic development in Central Islip, knowing strong business investment brings employment, housing and recreation opportunities. Business and housing development, home expos, 1st time-homebuyer workshops, civic & neighborhood meetings,.. CI Today Newsletter: We publish and distribute Central Islip's only Newsletter, informing residents, businesses and community org's about local happenings,
BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR CENTRAL ISLIP CIVIC COUNCIL, SERVING THE COMMUNITY FOR 50 YEARS.
- College Woods
- The Central Islip Master Plan 1989 and 2005
- NYIT, Tech Park, County & Federal Courts, LI Ducks Ballpark
- Electrification of the LIRR with a Central Islip Station
- The Central Islip Historic Preservation Society
- Preservation & Restoration of the Historic Heines Homestead
- Central Islip's Living History & Festivals
WHAT'S UP AT THE COUNCIL?
- Foreclosure Intervention Services, Mortgage Modification Help
- Emergency Food Pantry, Food Pantry Garden, Nutrition Workshops
- Programs in our One Room Schoolhouse, Summer Job Youth Program
- First Time Homebuyer Workshops & Home Expos
- New Horizons III, New Homes Program, Budget Counseling
- Code Enforcement, Crime Control & Beautifications
- Good Neighbor Luncheon
- Volunteer Opportunites, Internships, Student Community Volunteer Hours for School
- Central Islip Today Newsletter
- Thrift Shop Open 10-2pm (Weather Permitting)which benefits our Community Programs
- The Heines Homestead is a 5 acre historic homestead complete with farm animals, gardens, a blacksmith shop, one-room schoolhouse, nature trail, summer kitchen.
68 Wheeler RoadCentral Islip, NY 11722
July 1, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours per week