VOLUNTEER FROM HOME: Provide follow up support to those who have experienced a disaster.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: Recovery Team Members provide Follow up and Recovery Planning Services, including referrals, for individuals and households following regional events - primarily home fires.
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by DAT
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Jasper, TX 75951
November 2, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week. Flexible schedules available