1 person is interested
Director of Events
1 person is interested
Director of Events ~ 8 to 12 hours per week
A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
We are seeking a creative Director of Events to develop and execute 3 Community Meetings, 4 English and 3 Spanish Workshops annually. The ideal candidate can:
- Lead an event from idea generation to execution
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized to keep event planning on schedule
- Enjoys working collaboratively with other AFTDJ volunteers
- Able to develop a plan and follow through and make needed modifications as the plan unfolds
- Has an event schedule that provides ample time for publicity
- Plan, organize and run pre-event meetings with event panelists and AFTDJ volunteers to ensure a successful event
- Assist with recruitment of Community Meeting Panelists and Workshop presenters
- Recruit volunteers for in-person Community Meetings
- Maintain a pipeline of potential workshop presenters
- Work on different events concurrently
- Organize and run virtual meetings
- Able to assist with setting up a Zoom webinar by providing event description, questions for registrants
- Comfortable with or willing to learn about various Zoom webinar and meeting controls
- Comfortable with or willing to learn about roles in a webinar: Host, Co-Host, Panelist, Attendee
- Able to hold a practice session in preparation for a Community Meeting
- Work closely with the Directors of Community Engagement, Volunteer Engagement, and Marketing & Communications to increase event attendance
- Send event flyers to partner organizations according to the publicity schedule
About A FAITH THAT DOES JUSTICE, INC.
300 NEWBURY ST, BOSTON, MA 02115, US
A Faith That Does Justice is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
Inspiring faith in action.
What We Do:
A Faith That Does Justice has four components:
- Faith in Action, an initiative that emphasizes the works of mercy. We offer English as a Second Language to enable those in need of better language skills to function in the work place and society.
- Community Meetings focus on social issues that affect the most vulnerable among us. These have included presentations on immigration, housing and homelessness, and racism.
- Monthly Workshops that bring English speaking and non-English speaking people together to realize that committed faith ought to be lived in action on behalf of justice for all.
- Communications, email and social media posting on social justice and faith topics to educate our readers and to remind and inform readers about important social justice issues such as racism and immigration.
Who We Are:
We are a volunteer-run program, helping people from different faith traditions walk in solidarity with those less fortunate. Volunteering with A Faith that Does Justice allows you to put your faith into action and make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate.
Who We Seek:
As a fully volunteer organization, we rely on the talents, skills and dedication of volunteers to carry out our mission. We ask that volunteers commit at least 3 hours per week supporting our endeavors.
300 Newbury StreetBoston, MA 02115
August 19, 2021
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 8-12 hours per week
- Some remote work, some in-person work at Community Meetings & possibly Workshops