Patient Support Volunteers Needed
Volunteers can provide the special attention that makes the difference for an ideal patient experience. This is achieved by visiting with patients and assiting them with non-clinical tasks, such as offering warm blankets, handmade gifts, providing a listening ear to those who are lonely, and caring for the patients guests.
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
Good Samaritan Hospital401 15th Ave. SEPuyallup, WA 98372
September 15, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- MultiCare Health System requires all volunteers to make a 100 hour commitment and complete at least 1 four hour shift per week.