4 people are interested
Become a CASA Outreach Committee Member
4 people are interested
VOLUNTEER OUTREACH COMMITTEE
Objective: The Volunteer Outreach Committee is comprised of individuals passionate about improving the lives of the most vulnerable children in our community. The committee’s role is to assist the Community Engagement Manager in raising awareness of the importance of volunteers and how they can ensure abused and neglected children thrive in safe, permanent homes. Each committee member’s contribution brings more opportunities to positively impact children in need.
- Work collaboratively with like-minded members to brainstorm strategies for outreach, such as participating in events, researching speaking opportunities, partnering with businesses/civic organizations, etc.
- Serve as a CASA ambassador for ending child abuse and neglect in our local communities by sharing posts on social media, assisting with brochure/marketing material distribution, or inviting our team to speak at an affiliated place of business, faith group, neighborhood association, etc.
- Offer support for other committee members by partnering together for tabling opportunities.
- Share ideas among other committee members and provide feedback to current outreach efforts.
- Understand CASA’s mission and impact to be able to properly communicate this to potential volunteers.
- With the direction of the Community Engagement Manager, help determine target audiences and proper outreach activities/opportunities.
- Enjoys talking with people
- Ability to participate in 1-2 events per year
- Meet quarterly or as necessary with other committee members to strategically explore and discuss potential outreach opportunities.
Measure of success:
- Be creative in exploring new methods of outreach and implementation with an end-goal
- Encourage local communities that child advocacy is important and does affect future generations and familial cycles of abuse and neglect
Other benefits include:
- Attain/improve networking skills
- Make new contacts in the community
- Play a key role in furthering CASA’s mission to ensure vulnerable children’s voices are heard
To get involved, contact:
Community Engagement Manager
About CASA of the River Region
982 Eastern Parkway, Box 9, Louisville, KY 40217, US
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in November 1984. The mission of CASA is to provide volunteer advocates who are committed to work on behalf of abused and neglected children involved in the court system. CASA volunteers provide a constant source of information to the court and undertake any and all activities necessary for the promotion of these children's health, safety and welfare until a permanent disposition is made.
To meet our mission, CASA recruits, screens, trains, supervises and supports individuals from the communities in Jefferson, Henry, Oldham, Trimble, Shelby and Spencer counties to perform this important advocacy function for children in need.
982 Eastern ParkwayLouisville, KY 40217
August 16, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Family Law
- Child Advocacy
- Community Outreach