DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Inventory Control Manager
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Target Staff Type Paid
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The Inventory Control Manager will lead the activities and tasks to satisfy inventory needs, oversee the inventory levels and meet long-term business requirements. This position will assess, analyze, design, develop and assist in the implementation of new inventory processes, policies, workflows and change practice activities within the NetSuite System to continuously improve cost effectiveness, reliability and quality of the Inventory Control function. Act as immediate supervisor for Inventory department staff including coaching, training, performance development, hiring and related management functions.
- Analyze and recommend inventory control practices, policies, procedures, plans and programs with focus on improving managing inventory needs and inventory investments in a cost effective and reliable manner, including implementing different categories (Production, MRO, etc.) within the Item Master of NetSuite for analyses, identifying, investigating and dispositioning obsolete inventory and implementing bar code system, interfacing receiving / stocking / issuing to Service Orders.
- Manage inventory systems, automated applications and department controls to accurately record the quality, quantity, type, style and any other characteristics of the inventory so that JAARS has a clear understanding of inventory investment on hand, inventory required to order and service levels.
- Perform analysis and implement inventory cycle count processes to track inventory, inventory differences, perform variance root cause analyses and apply recommendations to eliminate variances. Reconcile physical inventory value with the financial inventory value at year-end.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and department resources to identify the most reliable and cost effective suppliers to provide JAARS with the inventory needed to operate; maintain good working relationships with suppliers by communicating and dealing with concerns or problems, such as a delay in an order being processed.
- Ensure the correct amount of inventory required to meet internal business needs and to avoid overstocking items, tying up cash, and/or creating storage issues. Implement multiple inventory replenishment methodologies as required.
- Develop a consistent inventory part numbering system policy and implement across all inventory departments on campus.
- Manage receiving / stocking / issuing procedures, including multi-location, bin management, serialized inventory, lot traceability and transactions to Service Orders and expense accounts.
- Develop monthly analytical reports / KPIs within the NetSuite System to measure financial inventory in terms of status, trends, turnover and valuation.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Experience that displays the operational knowledge to satisfy the duties and responsibilities identified above; emphasis in developing tracking reports, metrics and KPIs related to inventory controls, quality, and management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new process, programs and solutions, preferably in a global inventory platform with excellent knowledge of data analysis.
- Technical experience in ERP, computer, automated material management, procurement systems and bar coded inventory system-with demonstrated proficiency with NetSuite or equivalent large-scale ERP applications highly preferred.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work; ability to read and interpret highly technical material and implement routines to advanced solutions.
- Degree in Inventory Management, Material Management, Supply Chain or related discipline or equivalent experience; CPIM, SCM and/or related certifications desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication acumen with the ability to present highly technical information and complex solutions in reasonable and simple business terms.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 15, 2021
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Background Check