- Able to provide support to new mothers, in the house, as they care for their newborn babies.
- Maintain a comfortable and clean house, with the assistance of the residents.
- Set up and maintain chore schedules geared to running an efficient home.
- Assist and educate clients in purchasing, preparing, and cleaning up after their own meals.
- Teach women good habits for personal hygiene and home maintenance.
- Manage household budget; ensure proper food supply and management of funds.
- Provide opportunities for physical exercise and recreation to residents.
- Help monitor leisure time activities, including monitoring of TV, music, phone calls, and visitation.
- Set a positive example to the resident with the ability to foster, guide and direct a pleasant, family atmosphere.
- Be attentive to each young woman’s emotional needs; work to help them enter into the activities of the home and improve their self-image.
- Enforce family guidelines and discipline in a loving manner.
- Ensure any local, state or federal safety regulations are met and maintained.
- Attend weekly and monthly staff/volunteer meetings/training.
- Build and maintain relationships with referring agencies in Licking County and surrounding areas.
- Attend seminars, training and in-service workshops as required.
- Provide weekly and monthly progress reports on clients residing in EPOG.
- Work with non-residential clients as needed on special projects, classes, outings, etc.
- Assess and update job requirements/needs.
- Assist clients in working their personal self-care, relapse prevention, and action plans.
- All volunteers & staff will affirm agreement with Esther’s Place of Grace Statement of Faith.
07:00 AM to 07:00 PM
long term volunteer house coverage mentoring single, pregnant moms; shift can be divided into 6 hour increments
07:00 PM to 07:00 AM
Overnight, long term volunteer house coverage mentoring single, pregnant moms. Shift can be split
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ESTHERS PLACE OF GRACE
357 Buckingham St, Newark, OH 43055, US
To provide a safe, supportive, Christ-centered residential program for pregnant, unsupported women to focus on building stable, self-sustaining lives.
Esther’s Place of Grace is a faith-based, 501c3, nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing safe, supportive housing for single, pregnant women in unplanned pregnancies. We seek to minister to the whole woman’s physical, emotional & spiritual needs within a family setting. It is the ministry’s intent to empower each mother and to help her focus on a set of goals while she is in the program. This environment allows them to work on life skills that will lead toward building a stable home for their family. By teaching a model of responsibility regarding positive life choices, we resolve to break harmful generational cycles of poverty, abuse and addiction and promote godly living.
357 Buckingham StreetNewark, OH 43055
June 29, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally, we are filling 6-12 hour volunteer timeframes for 5 days/week. Days can be 6 or 12 hours. Nights can alternate.
- These positions can turn into part time paid.