33 people are interested
Volunteer Research Assistant
33 people are interested
Awaken Pittsburgh is a small nonprofit that works to transform lives and systems through mindfulness-based social and emotional regulation practices. We have grown to the point where we need support in collecting, analyzing and reporting our program data. This position would work with the Executive Director and other research assistants.
This position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for an average of 4-8 hours per week, which will be completed virtual in Research Assistant volunteer's own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties. The Research Assistant position is an unpaid virtual volunteer role.
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of research: both quantitative/ statistical and qualitative analysis
- Experience with specialized analysis and statistical software and/or datasets
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Excellent command of English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent communication, organizational and editing skills.
- Works well independently and proactively as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Interest in understanding how mindfulness and meditation can support health and wellbeing
While a research assistant is expected to contribute in many ways to the research on our programming, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct literature reviews
- Undertake research, data compilation and data & statistics analysis
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare surveys
- Maintain accurate records of interviews and survey data, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize qualitative data, e.g. interviews/focus groups
- Provide ready access to all data for the executive director
- Manage and respond to project related emails in a timely fashion
- Prepare and update website materials about our outcomes/research
- Attend research team meetings twice monthly
- Summarize project results
This virtual position provides valuable experience for statisticians, researchers, data analyzers, and nonprofit management students. Suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector or in the aforementioned fields and anyone dedicated to enhancing positive social and emotional regulation in our schools and communities. Our volunteers are highly valued members of the Awaken Pittsburgh team and contribute to making a significant difference in the successful execution of our vision and mission, our advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives, and helping promote social and systemic change. Awaken Pittsburgh will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete their volunteer placement.
About AWAKEN PITTSBURGH
733 N Highland Ave, PITTSBURGH, PA 15206, US
Awaken Pittsburgh promotes personal and community well-being through mindfulness programs and compassionate actions.
Awaken Pittsburgh develops and supports mindfulness programming. Based on a fee-for-service, social enterprise model, Awaken is committed to serving individuals and organizations regardless of income and background so that everyone can have the opportunity to experience the transformative power of a mindfulness-based approach to living.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 30, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 4-10 hours per week
- See description