34 people are interested
Volunteer for Suncrest Hospice
ORGANIZATION: Suncrest Hospice Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
34 people are interested
Volunteering for Suncrest Hospice allows for a compassionate connection with someone nearing end of life. A volunteer is an important element in someone's final journey and makes an incredible difference. Suncrest offers an array of volunteer opportunities to enrich the lives of people we care for.
- Companionship Volunteers - Provide emotional support to patients by spending quality time with them at a nursing home, assisted living facility, patient's home, or virtually during the end stages of their life.
- Pet therapy Volunteers - Visit patients with your certified therapy dog and bring smiles and joy to their life.
- Music Volunteers - Know any instruments? Play music for patients to enrich their lives.
- Letter/Card Writing Volunteers - Write cards to patients to brighten up their day. This opportunity allows you to volunteer from home!
- Veteran Program - As part of the "We Honor Veterans" partnership, military veterans volunteer to visit patients who are also veterans and share a meaning bond and shared experiences.
- Administrative volunteers - Come into our office to help with office tasks such as filing.
Many more opportunities are available and can be tailored to your skills!
18+ years of age, valid driver's license, and car insurance. Background check, TB test, drug screening, fingerprint scan, and some education and training are required.
Volunteering with us is a great way to obtain volunteer hours for school, update your resume, or give back to your community!
About Suncrest Hospice Chicago
5 Revere Dr. Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Our Mission Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care and customer service to our patients, their families and our referring sources. We believe that exceptional clinical care must include clear communication, a commitment to exceeding customer expectations, and a dedication to deliver services with passion and integrity. We are committed to maintaining a team comprised of the most talented and compassionate professionals in the industry. As our greatest asset, our team supports each other, takes complete ownership of their duties, and continually seeks to enhance their education and personal character. Suncrest will reach its goals under the direction of leaders who seek to serve, an office staff that supports, and a philosophy that growth is only achieved through the greatest efforts of the entire team.
Your Family is Our Family
The team at Suncrest treats every patient, whether they’re receiving home care or hospice care, as they would a member of their own family, with respect, dignity, and compassion. We believe our role as hospice clinicians is not only about improving the quality of life for the patient, but also for the patient’s caregivers and loved ones, with the singular goal of enhancing the lives of those we serve.Suncrest Volunteer Program
Volunteers are essential members of the patient’s hospice care team. Volunteers are trained to listen, care, and provide companionship for our patients during this important time in their lives. Through careful screening and orientation, our volunteers understand the hospice philosophy to provide as much comfort and quality of life to our patients as possible. They participate on the team visits which may include reading to patients, doing crafts, taking them outside in their wheelchair, accompanying them to a meal, writing letters, and sometimes simply by sitting quietly next to a patient’s bed. All of our volunteers are trained to provide companionship, and some of them bring extra areas of skill with them, such as massage, music, and energy work. A volunteer may also choose to help out with administrative tasks in the office.
Multiple locations Northbrook, IL 60062
September 2, 2022
- Massage Therapy
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We encourage our volunteers to commit to a minimum of one hour a week.
- Please contact Dawn Williams, LCSW, @ Suncrest Chicago 847-983-0017