Disaster Duty Officer - Yancey County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Duty Officer
Receive calls and details from the local Emergency Management Service (911) about local disasters including home fires. Dispatch and support the Disaster Action Team (DAT) who respond to provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care when requested.
- Document incoming disaster notifications
- Monitor activity across multiple Disaster responses
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
Training: Complete 6 hours of training.
Time Commitment: Be on-call for 4 shifts/month (shifts are 6 hours)
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The Community of Yancey CountyBurnsville, NC 28714
August 8, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Training: Complete 6 hours of training. Time Commitment: Be on-call for 4 shifts/month (shifts are 6 hours)