5 people are interested
5 people are interested
We are seeking a skilled, part-time, volunteer website administrator for the Centinela Youth Services (CYS) website: www.cys-la.org. CYS is a Los Angeles County-based nonprofit organization providing free restorative justice alternatives to arrest and prosecution of youth for minor offenses. Our mission is to stop the school-to-prison pipeline, keep kids in school, and help them realize their full potential. CYS is seeking someone with relevant web mastering experience, together with an interest in restorative justice and youth development, and a personal alliance with our mission and communities of service.
Duties include working with the CYS' Communication Coordinator to:
- Maintain and improve the existing website, including impact, functionality, security, and stability.
- Post new blog articles
- Update webpages and key notices, as needed - ex: Volunteer Mediator Trainings, Organizational info, Press page, Job Opportunities and RFPs.
- Build campaign-specific landing pages
- Work with embedded forms and videos, data collection, downloadable pdfs, sync with Mailchimp newsletter archives, etc.
Some of the qualification for the role include:
- Experience with Wix, Wordpress, and Mailchimp, or willing to learn them
- Comfortable working with web hosting services
- Working knowledge of common Internet technologies such as DNS and email
- Comfortable with online teams and communication
- Ability to document work in a clear manner understandable by future volunteers
- Self-starter with ability to manage small and medium project
How to apply
- You can submit an inquiry directly through VolunteerMatch or email directly to Volunteer@cys-la.org
- Also, check your SPAM folders if you do not hear from us within 1-2 days!
- Thanks for taking the time to read this!
About Centinela Youth Services Inc
110 South La Brea Ave. #450, Inglewood, CA 90301, US
The mission of Centinela Youth Services (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering Los Angeles area youth (7-21 years of age) to peacefully resolve conflicts and challenges and to become successful and productive students and adults.
Our vision is to use the principles of Restorative Justice and Trauma-Informed Care to empower youth, families, and crime victims to become accountable, to heal and to realize their full potentials.
Centinela Youth Services (CYS), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community-based organization, was founded in the Centinela Valley in 1975 to provide youth counseling; physical and mental health, academic, and developmental intervention; and juvenile crime prevention services. In the mid-90s, due to the strong outcomes achieved by the youth served, CYS services were expanded into many of Los Angeles County’s high-needs communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 26, 2021