4 people are interested
Veteran Hospice Patient-Visitor Volunteer in Appleton, Wisconsin
ORGANIZATION: Moments Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Do you have passion for supporting Veterans? Want to help our elders at the end of their life? COVID-19 took a big toll on our community and particularly our hospice patients and contributed to increased isolation for many people. We are looking for caring individuals to provide companionship visits with our hospice patients in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
We visit patients wherever they call home (skilled nursing facilities, assisted livings, private homes, apartments). Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice team approach by providing a supportive presence to patients, engaging patients and their loved ones in life review and reminiscing, offering respite to allow caregivers a break, and so much more!
Come be part of something wonderful and walk alongside our patients throughout their end of life journey.
Volunteers can do some of the following:
- Visit a Veteran.
- Read the paper or a book to a patient.
- Share hobbies.
- Play & listen to soothing music.
- Talk to patients.
- Bring flowers from a garden.
- Share photos.
- Just sit quietly and be the gift of presence for them.
The benefits of being a Moments Hospice Volunteer include:
- Enhancing a volunteer’s sense of self-worth by befriending someone with great wisdom but a limited opportunity to share it.
- Giving the volunteer the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
- Meeting new people and gaining a different perspective on life.
Please apply online to get started! https://momentshospice.com/volunteer/
About Moments Hospice
820 Lilac Drive No., Suite 210, Golden Valley, MN 55442, US
We aim to add value to patients and their families at the end-of-life, and assist them to create moments to remember.
Hospice is about living, about giving people access to what they need so they will have the best quality of life during a difficult time. Patients who choose hospice have made the decision, along with their families and doctors, to change cure goals for comfort goals. Hospice believes that through personalized services and a caring community, patients and their loved ones can obtain the necessary preparation for death so that it can be not merely a period of sorrow, but one which gives them deeper understanding of life.
Multiple locations Appleton, WI 54914
October 24, 2023
- Elder care
- Reading / Writing
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly or bi-weekly, depends on the family need for 1-2 hours visits.