3 people are interested
Board of Directors Member
3 people are interested
Amalgamate exists to raise awareness around significant topics and events that affect human development through authentic storytelling. Our mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it...one story, one event, one collaboration at a time. We dance for a purpose to educate, entertain, transform, and inspire our audiences.
This past season, we collaborated with four local nonprofit organizations by creating "Commercials for Humanity," a collection of online films that use the power of dance and storytelling to compel viewers to action. The inaugural series featured organizations that work with some of the most vulnerable populations in our society - refugees , the homeless , incarcerated youth , and those suffering from crippling medical debt .
Being a contributing Board of Directors member or Advisory Board member provides you with a unique opportunity to:
- Help a company with a valuable purpose
- Preserve the art form of dance
- Make a positive impact by transforming lives
- Serve your community
- Support essential charitable organizations using dance
- Expand your network and meet people with similar interests
Amalgamate’s Board of Directors is comprised of leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Board members are expected to:
- Have the financial acumen to read and understand Amalgamate’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attend 4 board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Serve on one or more committees of the board and actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Amalgamate to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff to identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Amalgamate’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Responsibly represent Amalgamate to their respective communities and to advocate for Amalgamate’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 24, 2021
- Orientation or Training