Be a Bilingual Patient Companion Volunteer in and around San Diego
Do you want to unlock the unlock life's biggest secrets?
Be a Patient Companion Volunteer and gain a deeper understanding of the things that really matter. We offer all the training and support you need to be of service in a profound way. You will join a highly engaged team of volunteers and clinical professionals focused on relieving suffering and celebrating life.
If you speak Spanish, Tagalog, or another language - our patients need you! Having a volunteer who speaks the patient’s native language can make a world of difference.Patient companions volunteers can expect:
- Interactions with hospice patients who have a variety of life stories and experiences
- To make home-based patient visits - wherever the patients call home (traditional houses and long term care facilities)
- To be called upon for up to 4 hours a week of service
- Opportunities to practice empathy and compassionate listening
- A fascinating education about end-of-life issues and goals
- To provide practical and emotional support to families and hospice patients
- To gain new friendships and connections
- To develop knowledge and understanding that improves their own relationships and lives
Contact Anna Schulz (760-796-3729, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to reserve a space in our Volunteer Orientation.
About The Elizabeth Hospice
500 LA TERRAZA BLVD, STE 130, ESCONDIDO, CA 92025, US
To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life’s journey and for those who grieve.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be an important part of our experienced, caring team. Whether you choose to have direct contact with our patients, create special keepsakes for families who are grieving or serve as a community ambassador for The Elizabeth Hospice, you'll be making a real difference in someone's life.
Weekly commitments will vary but we ask that you serve as a volunteer for a minimum of one year. Before you begin, you will receive comprehensive training about our organization and your responsibilities.
We are seeking hospice volunteers in San Diego and Riverside counties for a variety of opportunities.
Clinical Counseling Internship
Administrative Support and Community Outreach
Multiple locations San Diego, CA 92126
September 3, 2021
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 4 hours per week
- Comprehensive in-person classroom training and self-paced online training provided and will give all the information needed for success. Drug screen and background check are required but are provided at our expense. TB testing is also required.