20 people are interested
Precious Mentorship: Peer Mentor Needed!!
ORGANIZATION: A Precious Child
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Mentor Reports to: Precious Mentor Manager
Summary: The role of our Precious Mentor Peer Mentors is to support at-risk middle school students in their academic achievement and relationship skill building.
Disclaimer: While is position is open to all genders, we are looking for male mentors for this next year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Can dedicate at least one academic year to their mentee.
- Can dedicate one hour and fifteen minutes per week to meet virtually with their mentee.
- Commit to being a positive role model and having a positive attitude with your mentee.
- Work to connect with your mentee, understand the struggles your mentee is facing and offer support through good and challenging times.
- Attend additional special events hosted by A Precious Child in regards to the Precious Mentorship Program.
- Provide positive guidance and constructive feedback for the program.
- Must have Volunteer Waiver Form completed.
- Must have parent sign off for participation in the program on application form.
- Initial training will be provided by Precious Mentor Manager and additional A Precious Child staff.
- Mentors must be able to commit one hour and fifteen minutes per week virtually either on Wednesday from 4:15 PM - 5:30 PM or Thursday from 4:15 PM - 5:30 PM.
- Mentors must be able to commit to one academic year with their mentee(September to May).
- Connect with a child in need and help them grow academic achievement.
- Help prepare your mentee for academic success.
- Cultivate leadership, organizational and self-management skills.
- A greater connection to school and other scholars.
- Great for resumes, college applications and school accolades.
About A Precious Child
7051 W 118th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center, we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
September 13, 2023
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- •Mentors must be able to commit one hour and fifteen minutes per week virtually either on Wednesdays from 4:15PM - 5:30PM or Thursdays 4:15PM - 5:30PM. •Mentors must be able to commit to one academic year with their mentee.