2 nd Chance Living PMI is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) intern to assist with serving clients within our organization. The role of the LCSW intern is to advocate and help clients gain access to resources while confronting their personal issues, such as mental illness, addiction, and abuse. LCSWs may specialize in mental health and substance abuse; medical and public health; or child, family, and school social work. They may also work in research, administration, policy-making, or public planning. The LCSW intern will work closely with clients who are dealing with mental health disorders including but not limited to anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.
- Consult with doctors, therapists and medical professionals
- Refer clients to social service programs within our organization
- Instruct clients’ families during treatment
- Identify those in need
- Help people of all life stages cope with and solve everyday problems
- Advocate for and develop plans to improve clients’ well-being
- Research and refer clients to community resources
- Work with individuals, families or groups
- Respond to clients in crisis situations
- Work in a variety of public and private organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW) required
- Must be enrolled in a Masters of social work (MSW) program; working toward LCSW licensure
Number of hires for this role: 3
About SECOND CHANCE LIVING PMI CORPORATION
9029 Jefferson Hwy, Suite D-1014, New Orleans, LA 70123, US
2nd Chance Living PMI works to improve the lives of justice-involved women in underserved communities by focusing on community resources that create measurable impact in workforce development, mental health, and reduce the probability of returning to prison.
2nd Chance Living PMI Corporation is an organization dedicated to supporting the lives of justice-involved women by providing housing and transitional programming, ensuring a successful transitioning back into their communities, and reducing their chances of recidivism.
At Second Chance Living PMI, we are committed to creating innovative and revolutionary solutions to the prison industrial complex and mass incarceration. With our leading approach, we guarantee a low recidivism rate by fusing innovation with education and discipline. Our evidence-based framework utilizes strategy and compassion to build personalized care for our clients.
Our organization understands that recidivism is a holistic issue that needs to be addressed from an ecological approach by providing women with necessities such as housing, personal care, and counseling while also equipping them with the tools and resources to prepare for their future.
Through our intensive career readiness program and job placement program, our clients can gain the skills they need to succeed in the workforce and valuable work experience.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 23, 2021
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Social Work