92 people are interested
Be part of a unique retail experience!
ORGANIZATION: The Discovery Shop
Please visit the new page to apply.
92 people are interested
Discovery Shop locations aren’t your typical thrift or resale shops. High quality, gently-used, and new merchandise, including collectible and vintage items, are donated by the community then curated and sold in our upscale stores. Purchases, donations of goods, and volunteers help the American Cancer Society make the biggest impact on cancer ever. Discover the difference by visiting your nearest shop!
Volunteers are needed to assist with the running of ACS stores. Duties include customer service, sorting, pricing, cashiering, sales, social media, visual merchandising and being awesome along with the rest of our team. There is always something to discover as well as something to do at the Discovery Shop. Come share your passions, learn new skills, meet new people- all while supporting an incredible cause!
We are open MON-SAT, 10a-5p. Scheduled shifts preferred but flexible!
About The Discovery Shop
2460 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90064, US
Discovery Shop locations help support the fight against cancer through the sale of high-quality, gently used, donated merchandise. For more than 50 years, ACS has owned and operated these specialty resale stores, featuring items such as clothing, accessories, jewelry, artwork, antiques, collectibles, furniture, and other household items. For all Discovery Shop locations, please visit: cancer.org/discovery Across nationwide shop locations, Discovery Shop offers flexible customer service and multiple other volunteer opportunities that work with your schedule. Volunteer and help the American Cancer Society save more lives!
Volunteer responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide customer service
- Meet with merchandise donors and process donations for the sales floor
- Visual merchandising on sales floor and window displays
- Record keeping
- Online research
- Social media support
Qualifications vary and include the following:
- Volunteers and with prior Discovery Shop or ACS experience as volunteers or staff
- Familiarity with Discovery Shop operations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to complete responsibilities on own
Requirements of the job:
- Minimum of one, four-hour time commitment a week is preferred and required to benefit from the 20% volunteer discount
- Discovery Shop policy and procedures training and adherence
- Person-to-person orientation at local Discovery Shop
2460 Overland AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90064
September 19, 2023
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16