17 people are interested
Admin & Engagement Volunteer
17 people are interested
We are a non-profit 501c3 organization and movement that aims to create equity to ensure the lives of young people of color have access to opportunities and have practical support - through mentorship, coaching, sponsorship, strategic networks, internship opportunities, and potential job placement. We are devoted to helping our MVP candidates develop professional and personal skills that will enhance their lives.
The Admin & Engagement volunteer will be a dynamic individual excited to increase MVP’s reach and awareness as an organization and movement. They excel in creating systems and processes to promote efficiency and sustainable workflows. This person should possess maturity and discretion, energy and excitement to demonstrate our mission and engage our stakeholders in our organizational work.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter donation and donor data into Salesforce and Google Sheets
- Manage communications to Mentors and potential mentors as part of overall community engagement
- Assist with data collection and maintain effective and record keeping procedures (compliance requirements, engagement touchpoints, evaluation, etc.)
- Provide logistical support and complete general administrative duties as needed. (i.e. assembling, sharing, and updating digital materials, monitoring student tech needs and issues, etc.)
- Assist with planning, preparing and gathering all necessary materials for workshops and professional development sessions with community and students
- Update, hone, and manage MVP’s data collection schedule across the organization
- Consult on, develop, and implement procedures for effective data management
- Well-versed in data-driven practices
Schedule and Requirements:
The position requires your availability for 15-20 hours during the week. We are looking for at least a June-October commitment, with the possibility for extension through December 2021. Occasional support with 5pm-7:30pm weekday evening programming.
The Admin and Engagement volunteer will report to the Co-Founder, Chief Marketing and Operations Officer. The ideal candidate will have these key assets and attributes:
- Demonstrated belief in MVP’s mission and vision, and demonstrated alignment with MVP’s pillars
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in using Salesforce, Excel, Google Sheets
- Strong research skills and ability to synthesize findings;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Self-starter with hunger for growth: takes initiative and creates opportunities for self-education
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion work in education;
- Detail-oriented, can be counted on to produce high-quality work
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Serene.firstname.lastname@example.org. Outline how your credentials relate specifically to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above and include your earliest available start date. Please put "Admin and Engagement Volunteer" in the subject line.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Momentum and Value for People of Color
43 Hilltop Rd, Kinnelon, NJ 07405, US
We are a non-profit 501c3 organization and movement that aims to create equity and access to opportunity for young people of color. Through mentoring and coaching, alongside introductions to greater networks and financial assistance, we want to help foster the professional and personal skills that will give young people a chance to succeed.
We champion, catalyze and create access to opportunities for young people of color, by being a vehicle for strategic connections, a gateway for success, an inspiration to persevere and a path to pay it forward. We leverage our expansive, diverse coalition network of leaders and executives across industries and disciplines to help young people of color prepare for their future, progress to new heights, promote their stories, and eventually prosper. Our personalized platform will offer practical support with long lasting impact. Our MVP candidates become an inspiration of success and advocate for others in their community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 22, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 15-20 hours per week