Seeking Volunteer Veteran Affairs Representative! - White River Junction
Your local American Red Cross office is seeking a leadership volunteer to serve as a Representative on the Voluntary Services committee with our local Veteran Affairs facility. Do you have program management experience and enjoy working remotely? This could be a great way for you to give back to your community in a meaningful way. Here is what you could do as a Veteran Affairs Voluntary Services Program Representatives:
- Assist with coordination between the Red Cross and the VA health care facility.
- Conduct volunteer placements in coordination with the VA staff representative and the workplace supervisor.
- Ensure all Red Cross volunteers receive Red Cross orientation, are assisted with the VAVS application and training process, receive information on volunteering in the VA facility to include the "Regulations Covering Volunteers in a Medical Facilities" and Red Cross identification.
- Conduct a periodic volunteer needs assessment with the VA staff representative.
- Act as the liaison between the VA health care facility and the chapter
- Assist the chapter volunteer manager or chairman to ensure that VAVS volunteers are appropriately tracked in Volunteer Management System and included in recognitions.
- Mandatory attendance at quarterly VAVS meetings.
In addition to having program management experience we are seeking someone who is passionate about our Red Cross mission, has computer skills, and has effective communication skills. This role can provide you with liaison experience with a highly respected organization. If you would like to join the team, please sign up at redcross.org/volunteer.
Not the role for you? Check out other available opportunities at redcross.org/volunteer.
About American Red Cross of Northern New England
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations White River Junction, VT 05001
September 13, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month
- Sign up at redcross.org/volunteer