1 person is interested
Seeking Volunteers to Support Families Separated by International Conflicts!- Anywhere in NH
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Northern New England
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Your local American Red Cross office is seeking volunteers to assist with supporting families who have been separated due to international conflict or emergencies. Are you a good listener with a desire to work with diverse populations? This could be a great way for you to give back to your community in a meaningful way. Here is what you could do as a Restoring Family Links Caseworker:
Restoring Family Links Caseworkers provide services to people who have been separated from their family members in another country due to armed conflict, international migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. RFL Caseworkers provide these services through delivering and collecting Red Cross Messages containing vital family news, conducting searches in their community to locate missing family members, speaking with clients to gather details to begin searching for their missing relatives, reaching out to community organizations and groups to inform them of Restoring Family Links Services, and providing appropriate referrals to other services a client may need.
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather the details to initiate a search for their loved ones.
- Search for missing relatives in your community through: reviewing and analyzing case details in the case management database, conducting home visits, speaking with community members, and contacting organizations serving refugees and migrants.
- Deliver Red Cross Family News Messages to clients from their relatives, as well as collect replies.
- Keep clients informed of the progress made on their cases.
- Deliver news to clients on the results of their search.
- Enter new case information and case updates into case management database accurately and thoroughly.
- Provide competent, high quality, and efficient casework services to clients while displaying empathy and adhering to the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross as well as the program standards and guidance set forth by National Headquarters.
In addition to being detail oriented we are seeking someone who is passionate about our Red Cross mission, has computer skills, has effective communication skills. This role can provide you with professional casework experience with a highly respected organization. If you would like to join the team, please sign up at redcross.org/volunteer.
Not the role for you? Check out other available opportunities at redcross.org/volunteer.
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve.
Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross of Northern New England
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Concord, NH 03301
September 26, 2022
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Sign up with redcross.org/volunteer