2 people are interested
Seeking Volunteers to Support Those Affected By Local Disasters! - Conway Team
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Northern New England
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Your local American Red Cross office is seeking volunteers in your area to help provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. Are you a caring individual who wants to be on the front lines of emergency support? This could be a great way for you to give back to your community in a meaningful way. Here is what you could do as a Disaster Action Team member:
- Take requires trainings to be equipped to support families/individuals who have been displace by local emergencies including serve stores, home fires, and more
- Sign up for on-call shifts to be available to respond if needed
- Show the utmost compassion and respect for all clients and maintain client confidentiality
- Help connect clients with Red Cross and other responses to make sure their most basic needs are met following the emergency (shelter, food, clothing, medication, etc.) and help make referrals when Red Cross Mental Health, Spiritual Care, and Heath Services may be needed
- Consider training to assist with larger scale national disasters in a variety of basic and advanced leadership roles
In addition to being a caring person we are seeking someone who is passionate about our Red Cross mission, has at least basic computer skills, effective communication skills, and flexibility. This role can provide you with disaster response experience with a highly respected organization. If you would like to join the team, please sign up at redcross.org/volunteer.
Not the role for you? Check out other available opportunities at redcross.org/volunteer.
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve.
Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross of Northern New England
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Center Conway, NH 03813
September 26, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies, 1-2 shifts per month
- Sign up at redcross.org/volunteer