1 person is interested
1 person is interested
The volunteer in this position recruits, selects, trains and schedules library volunteers who skillfully help patrons use library resources to fulfill their needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Recruitment:
- Reviews and understands the library’s mission, goals and culture, and identifies selling points to use in recruitment.
- Identified positions to recruit for and drafts position description for Volunteer Committee review.
- Identifies strategies for recruiting volunteers with specific skills and the materials necessary to carry out these and other recruitments.
- Advertises for needed volunteers through social media, public speaking, print, and networking.
- Volunteer Selection and Placement:
- Maintains and adapts procedures for interviewing potential volunteers to obtain information needed for (that assures) appropriate placement and utilization of knowledge/skills/abilities.
- Ensures that needed information about each volunteer is recorded.
- Ensures that volunteers fill out required forms and sign required documents.
- Circulation Desk Training:
- Develops and adapts a training program for circulation desk volunteers using a variety of modalities.
- Develops and maintains training tools.
- Provides on-the-job training and identifies other volunteers who can effectively provide training.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training and identifies additional training needed needs.
- Provides informal recognition (positive reinforcement) and feedback to circulation desk volunteers.
- Works with the Volunteer Committee on recognition events and awards.
- Provides semi-formal feedback to each volunteer on their annual volunteering anniversary.
- Circulation Desk Scheduling:
- Schedules volunteers to staff the circulation desk according to the schedule approved by the Board of Directors.
- Maintains a list of circulation desk substitutes and trains volunteers to use it as needed.
- Monitors performance of circulation desk volunteers.
- Maintains contact information about each volunteer in an electronic repository available at all times to the Library Manager and Volunteer Committee.
- Maintains documents and information related to the library’s volunteers in the library’s cloud drive with appropriate security.
- Maintains records of volunteer criminal background checks, signatures on key documents, assignments and performance in a secure location.
Key Working Relationships:
The Volunteer Coordinator works under their own initiative and in consultation with the Library Manager, Executive Committee and is a member of and works in cooperation and consultation with the Volunteer Committee.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain patron and volunteer privacy and confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive image of the library in attitude and communications while performing circulation desk duties.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Strong writing skills, a working knowledge of social media and the ability to speak before small groups.
- Ability to work independently to identify needs and draft action plans, while working cooperatively with the Library Manager and oversight committees.
- Knowledge of basic clerical skills and ability to operate a variety of equipment including computer, printer, cash register, credit card terminal and copy machines.
About KEIZER COMMUNITY LIBRARY INC
980 CHEMAWA RD NE, KEIZER, OR 97303, US
Keizer Community Library is a dynamic organization that enhances the lives of patrons by connecting them to the world’s wisdom, knowledge, and culture through open access to information and creative expression in many formats.
Established in 1988, Keizer Community Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, not tax supported by the city of Keizer
With thanks to members of our community, the majority of the books, computers, CDs/DVDs, shelving and furnishings have all been donated. All monetary donations, funds raised, and Library card fees go toward the costs of running the library. And, demonstrating Keizer’s pride, spirit, and volunteerism in action... the Library is run by an all-volunteer staff! The friendly person at the circulation desk is a volunteer, programs are coordinated and provided by volunteers, our Library Manager, the Library’s Governing Board are volunteers as well!
980 Chemawa Road NEKeizerKeizer, OR 97303
September 9, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Customer Service
- Reading / Writing
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- The estimated time commitment is about 10 hours/week once a strong volunteer program is established. Additional time will be needed in the beginning to learn about the library and its volunteers, and further develop the volunteer program.