Help Coordinate the Transportation of Life-Saving Blood Donations (Virtual or In-Person rol
The Red Cross Biomedical Services Program is seeking volunteer support as an Engagement Lead. This role will work closely with our Transportation Program, which coordinates teams of volunteers throughout the region who support the transportation of blood donations from drives, to our processing centers and out to local hospitals to fill their needs. We have hundreds of volunteers in the Transportation Program and our Engagement Lead will ensure that they are engaged and appreciated in their role. If you are a natural communicator, enjoy multi-tasking, and have great attention to detail, your support is needed!
Location: Portland Office (3131 N. Vancouver Ave) and/or Virtual Opportunity
Time Commitment: Average 5 hours per month, with possibility for more depending on volunteer interest.
Desired Skills: Good written and verbal communication, experience with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, MS Teams), experience with customer service or relationship management.
Potential tasks include:
- Responsible for supporting and engaging volunteers in the department
- Attend/lead relevant meetings and communicate pertinent information to appropriate partners
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and employees
- Identify, train, supervise and provide regular feedback to team members
- Develop and review reports to detail team’s progress
- Running various reports in volunteer systems
- Perform roster maintenance and submit volunteer position end date requests to Volunteer Services
- Enhance the Volunteer Experience - provide follow up to volunteers, ensure that feedback getting to the right place to make improvements
- Manage check in calls for new volunteer after their first shift
- Checking in with volunteers that have not been taking shifts via email, text and/or phone calls.
- Send out "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Red Cross Anniversary" cards.
If you have questions about the role, please email email@example.com
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. The Red Cross workforce is made up of over 90% volunteers, meaning our mission is carried out by community members like yourself.
Multiple locations Newberg, OR 97132
September 15, 2021
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month, optimally a one year commitment