Children's Storytime Teller
The volunteer in this position develops and presents storytimes for preschool-aged children that promote intellectual and creative growth. Storytime presenters listen, engage and interact with their audience as they read, sing, talk, and share activities that develop early literacy skills and foster a love of language and books. Storytime presenters create a fun, safe and anti-bias learning environment that encourages children to make connections between the stories and the world around them. Storytimes presented will increase attention spans, provide young children with early group experiences, offer opportunities for children and their grownups to bond with one another and develop a relationship with the storytime presenter and the library.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and presents scheduled storytime.
- As a member of the Children’s Committee, participates in near-term and long-range planning of children's programs.
- Suggests purchase of books, publications, documents, audio-visual equipment and other materials.
- Responds to inquiries from parents.
- Maintains accurate files and records.
Key Working Relationships: The storytime presenter works under their own initiative and in consultation with the Volunteer Children’s Committee. Works collaboratively with storytime assistants and the Circulation Desk volunteers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their adults, relating in a friendly , positive and patient manner .
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- (Experience in early childhood education.) (May be redundant)
- Knowledge of anti-bias and early literacy knowledge, concepts and strategies training or education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About KEIZER COMMUNITY LIBRARY INC
980 CHEMAWA RD NE, KEIZER, OR 97303, US
Keizer Community Library is a dynamic organization that enhances the lives of patrons by connecting them to the world’s wisdom, knowledge, and culture through open access to information and creative expression in many formats.
Established in 1988, Keizer Community Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, not tax supported by the city of Keizer
With thanks to members of our community, the majority of the books, computers, CDs/DVDs, shelving and furnishings have all been donated. All monetary donations, funds raised, and Library card fees go toward the costs of running the library. And, demonstrating Keizer’s pride, spirit, and volunteerism in action... the Library is run by an all-volunteer staff! The friendly person at the circulation desk is a volunteer, programs are coordinated and provided by volunteers, our Library Manager, the Library’s Governing Board are volunteers as well!
980 Chemawa Road NEKeizerKeizer, OR 97303
September 9, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; Two to three hours a week