Community Engagement Specialist
One of the most important parts of our strategy is recruiting volunteers to help drive food and community-based organizations interested in hosting a new community refrigerator. The Community Outreach intern will help us accomplish this goal by doing outreach to community-based organizations with access to potential volunteers, locations for hosting a new community refrigerator, or potential food donors.
- Email/phone/social media message outreach to community-based organizations with access to volunteers and potential new community fridge locations
- Designs and executes creative strategies for reaching more community-based organizations
- Designs and executes creative partnerships with community-based organizations to push our mission forward
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A people person who loves meeting new people / making connections
- Self-starter Capable of working with little to no supervision
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Prior experience interfacing with community-based organizations is a plus - Creative & flexible approach to problem-solving
About Mott Haven Fridge Network
185 East 85th Street, Apartment 21A, New York, NY 10028, US
Expanding access to fresh healthy food with equity and dignity!
Founded by two sixth-grade teachers when they learned that Covid-19 school closures left their students' families without food, the Mott Haven Fridge Network leverages scalable tech and a growing army of volunteer drivers to rescue fresh and healthy food and bring it to community refrigerators serving disenfranchised communities throughout the city and Westchester County.
Join our growing volunteer driver army today! Fill a fridge with your kid!
1927 Turnbull AvenueBronx, NY 10473
August 17, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+