3 people are interested
Final Days Vigil: Dassel and surrounding
ORGANIZATION: Ecumen Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
VIGIL VOLUNTEERS offer comfort and support tailored to a patient’s needs in the final days and hours. Vigil volunteers also offer respite to caregivers, giving them peace of mind that someone is present while they are unable to be by their loved one’s side. Vigil volunteers may be present at time of death.
Vigil volunteers serve on an on-call, as-needed basis (agreeing to be on our call list when needs arise, but not required to agree to every vigil visit we ask about). Typically 2-6 hours per vigil visit.
Our hospice services are provided wherever one calls home, which could include a private home or care community, such as assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing facilities.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
First, ask yourself:
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Can you commit to a minimum of four hours a month for six months?
- Are you comfortable with death and the dying process, or have an openness and willingness to learn?
- Are you dependable and able to work independently?
If yes to all of the above, the following are steps to getting involved, typically taking 3-4 weeks to complete:
- Interview with a member of our volunteer services team
- Submit to background and reference checks
- Complete online training, at your own pace
- Attend virtual wrap-up session
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- A flexible schedule at a location that is convenient for you
- Consistent and accessible staff support
- Ongoing guidance and education to ensure you are comfortable and effective in your role
- Ability to take a leave of absence at any time
For more information: Please visit our website at www.ecumenhospice.org/volunteers or call us at 651-714-0200
About Ecumen Hospice
3530 Lexington Ave N, Shoreview, MN 55126, Shoreview, MN 55126, US
Ecumen Hospice is a Minnesota-based nonprofit organization. Our commitment to life-honoring care dates back three decades and continues with innovative ways to care for and honor loved ones in celebration of their life.
Volunteers are an important part of our dedicated team, offering comfort, support, friendship and presence to our patients and their families at an important stage of life. As a volunteer, you can make an impact with a few hours of your time a month and your willingness to be present during someone’s final days.
Volunteer roles: Companion, Vigil, Hospice Hounds (registered therapy animal), Veteran to Veteran, Sunshine Cards and Administrative. New in Duluth: Hospice End-of-Life Doula (HELD). Have another skill you'd like to share, please let us know!
Service Area: We serve patients in their residence, which may include private homes, skilled nursing, assisted living, or independent living facilities. We have five branches, which serves most of Minnesota (https://www.ecumen.org/hospice/service-area/)
218 North Holcombe AvenueLitchfield, MN 55355
August 28, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Satisfactorily completes Ecumen Hospice volunteer training and passes TB test