4 people are interested
Volunteer with the COOLEST warehouse team in town!
4 people are interested
Are you looking for a volunteer role that is super active and awesome! Help our warehouse team fulfill food orders to distribute to our neighbors in need FAST!
Title: Agency Food Order Picker and Filler
Purpose: This role is critical in providing millions of meals annually to the most vulnerable members of Southern Colorado at risk of hunger. This volunteer role truly makes a difference to provide food to our neighbors in need.
Summary: The role of Agency Food Order Picker and Filler is to locate, select, place on pallets, and stage food orders submitted by Care and Share partner agencies. Orders may be for agencies intending to pick up food directly from Care and Share or for delivery.
- Determine and prioritize orders based on due dates and methods of delivery.
- Determined how to stage the orders for pickup.
- Ensure the correct items in the quantities requested are selected and staged for pickup
- Communicate clearly regarding fulfilled/unfulfilled orders
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack (training provided)
- Reading, writing, and basic math skills
- Minimum age of 18
- Must follow safety policies.
- Learn basic food safety
- Opportunity to meet and network with people in our community
- Gain warehouse experience
- Understanding the mission and work of Care and Share Food Bank
- Monday - Friday
- 9:00am - 1:00pm (this is the most convenient time, but we are flexible on times)
- This volunteer position is very rewarding, and a significant amount of training is required.
- We ask that volunteers be able to commit to at least 1 (4 or 8 hour) volunteer shift per week. More shifts are welcome!
- A minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
To inquire more and complete a phone interview, please contact our Volunteer Engagement Manager Brittany Smith: Brittany@careandshare.org or (719) 418-4295.
About Care and Share Food Bank of Southern Colorado - Colorado Springs, CO
2605 Preamble Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80915, US
At Care and Share Food Bank, our core purpose is to bridge the gap between hunger and abundance. Our mission is to provide food, partnering opportunities, and education to combat hunger and food insecurity in Southern Colorado communities. Our vision is an end to hunger in Southern Colorado.
At Care and Share Food Bank, we believe that no one should go hungry. Every day, we provide food to our partner agencies across Southern Colorado for our neighbors in need because well-fed communities are better for us all. Care and Share exists to ensure that the one in seven Southern Coloradoans at risk of hunger have access to enough healthy and nutritious food to thrive. We know that children without adequate access to food cannot develop successfully, families cannot plan for their future, and seniors find it more difficult to remain independent.As Southern Colorado's only food bank, Care and Share provides food to over 300 agencies; emergency shleters, food pantries and soup kitchens across our 31-county service area.
2605 Preamble PointColorado Springs, CO 80915
August 9, 2021
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. More time is certainly welcome.