DONATE TO THIS
41 people are interested
Outside2Inside Food Waste Awareness Ambassador
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
41 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile, 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporations, and youth/kids. Our Food recovery programs recover the unattractive but otherwise nutritious wonky produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Our recycle programs convert food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Food Waste Ambassador to join our growing organization in an individual contributor position. In this position, you will be pivotal in spreading O2I’s mission and vision. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Board.
- Conduct monthly webinar to spread the mission and vision of O2I.
- Tailor the webinar content according to the event.
- Infuse creativity in capturing the audience during the webinars.
- Come up with innovative ideas to engage community combating food waste through education, fostering long-term attitudinal and behavioral changes regarding food waste reduction.
- Represent O2I at corporate, school and community events.
- Promote O2I’s mission and vision during O2I program events like Farm2School, Farm2Work ..etc.
- Participate & conduct in O2I public events like Earth Day celebration ..etc.
- Provide Social Media support (promoting events in various social media platforms, create social media content, fundraising ..etc.)
- Creating instructional materials and short videos to disseminate information on various O2I programs.
- Create & conduct Food Waste Reduction Certification Program / Workshop.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Comfortable presenting to smaller and larger audience.
- Expert in creating educational materials, presentations, flyers, videos etc.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Can handle feedback and takes feedback positively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- Good knowledge about food waste reduction, compositing.
- Ability to use Zoom/Microsoft Teams/Google Meet among other similar online communication tools.
- Experience with Canva or similar tool is preferred.
- Savvy with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
REMOTE WORKING REQUIREMENT
- A personal desktop or laptop with internet connection.
- Outside2Inside currently requires our volunteers to work remotely.
- In case of occasional face-to-face interaction, Outside2Inside follows the recommended social distancing policy.
1400 Bowe Ave, Unit 208, SANTA CLARA, CA 95051, US
Our mission is to reduce food waste by bringing awareness about food waste among community, corporates and youth/kids, recover wonky produce, and recycle food waste through organic composting and animal feed. Our vision is to bring balance in our local community using existing discarded waste to create a clean, peaceful and healthy environment. 1. Creating awareness about food waste, its impact on the environment and ways to prevent it by bringing knowledge to your doorsteps through local schools and community partnerships for a better tomorrow. 2. Reducing hunger by recovering ugly produce at low cost and sharing with the needy, underprivileged people in Santa Clara county. 3. Provide a clean, pollution-free environment by recycling food waste into organic compost at densely populated urban households and reducing landfills. 4. Provide low-cost animal care in local farms by recycling food waste into animal feed reducing wastage of resources.
Outside2Inside is a non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporates and youth/kids.
Our Food recovery programs like Farm2School, Farm2Restaurant, and Farm2Work recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society.
Our recycle program converts food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Outside2Inside is formed by a group of spirited individuals with the aim to reduce waste, hunger and create a clean, peaceful, healthy environment. This organization is based in Bay area.
1400 BOWE AVEUnit 208Santa Clara, CA 95051
September 6, 2023
- Administrative Support
- General Education
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working Remotely.
- During COVID-19: Work Remotely from Home.