BENICIA COMMUNITY ACTION COUNCIL
Benicia Community Action Council is searching for volunteers to assist with our overall operations.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our mission to service vulnerable people of the greater Benicia area.
Volunteer roles and responsibilities vary. Shifts can be flexible to meet individual needs.
We currently have a need for volunteers to assist with:
- Distributing food from our food pantry
- Following up with clients who may benefit from our programs and services.
- Answering our phones and returning calls from the public.
- Must be comfortable working with the public, and possess at least basic computer efficiency.
- Basic office administration tasks such as copying, filing, answering the phones.
- Assisting clients participating in programs with their documents.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience working with the general public.
- Microsoft office/computer efficient.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BENICIA COMMUNITY ACTION COUNCIL
480 MILITARY E, BENICIA, CA 94510, US
The mission of the Benicia Community Action Council is to promote health, provide resources and referrals to those striving for self- sufficiency. The Benicia CAC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 1967 to provide services to the economically disadvantaged in Benicia, and surrounding areas. We verify income to ensure that 100% of our clients served are of low income. Through dedicated volunteers, and experienced staff we are able to offer a comprehensive range of services to promote self-sufficiency while providing essential needs.
At BCAC we offer a range of services to help people of our community meet their basic needs such as food, and shelter.
We have programs that provide or connect clients to basic needs while working with their unique challenges that have led to poverty.
We offer programs in the following areas and more:
-Home Delivered Meals
-VITA (Free Tax Filing)
-Job Placement and Readiness