5 people are interested
Hospice Patient-Visitor Volunteer in Brainerd, Minnesota
ORGANIZATION: Moments Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Moments Hospice is a Medicare Certified Hospice Agency serving most of Minnesota and Wisconsin. We are focused on creating individual plans of care, because every patient and family is unique. Moments Hospice is committed to honoring patient’s and family’s wishes during the end of life process. We take great pride in creating long lasting partnerships with our Hospitals, Facilities and Community Partners by recognizing that we are guests in their facilities and that collaborating on a joint plan of care always results in the best outcome for the patient. It is our mission to help increase the communities awareness of the Hospice Benefit as we believe that everyone deserves to be comfortable with an optimal quality of life during the end of life process.
Moments Hospice is looking for volunteers to join our team. Our patients have a terminal illness diagnosis and are in their final stages of life. As a Hospice Volunteer you will be visiting patients in their home or in nursing facilities.
We need volunteers who are will help us reach our number one goal of making sure each patient gets the best care and support they need to make every moment of life count. You will be providing a break for family caregivers as well.
Volunteers can do some of the following:
- Visit a Veteran.
- Read the paper or a book to a patient.
- Share hobbies.
- Play & listen to soothing music.
- Talk to patients.
- Bring flowers from a garden.
- Share photos.
- Just sit quietly and be the gift of presence for them.
The benefits of being a Moments Hospice Volunteer include:
- Enhancing a volunteer’s sense of self-worth by befriending someone with great wisdom but a limited opportunity to share it.
- Giving the volunteer the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
- Meeting new people and gaining a different perspective on life.
Contact Sally Newbury with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Moments Hospice
820 Lilac Drive No., Suite 210, Golden Valley, MN 55442, US
We aim to add value to patients and their families at the end-of-life, and assist them to create moments to remember.
Hospice is about living, about giving people access to what they need so they will have the best quality of life during a difficult time. Patients who choose hospice have made the decision, along with their families and doctors, to change cure goals for comfort goals. Hospice believes that through personalized services and a caring community, patients and their loved ones can obtain the necessary preparation for death so that it can be not merely a period of sorrow, but one which gives them deeper understanding of life.
Multiple locations Brainerd, MN 56401
July 7, 2022
- Elder care
- Reading / Writing
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly or bi-weekly, depends on the family need for 1-2 hours visits.
- US Citizen or permanent resident, & Covid vaccination