WE NEED YOU! Service to the Armed Forces Volunteer- Be a Hero Care Caseworker: (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Services to the Armed Forces Volunteers help serve military families and veterans in a variety of ways.
Positions include: VIRTUAL
1) Hero Care Network Regional Casework Associate-Assist with emergency communication services between service members and families, and provide military members, families, and veterans with casework services.
- Provide customer services support to military families in need of assistance.
- Provide support with sensitivity to often emotional situations.
- Connects clients with additional information and resources specifically tailored to the client’s situation and eligibility based on the client assessment.
- Follow up with the client with the purpose of understanding the needs of the family.
- Access to a personal computer, reliable Internet, and phone to make calls from home.
- Training required and provided, average 15 hrs. total training time to be completed within 3-4 weeks.
- Must be available to work set/scheduled shifts during business hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
- 2-4 hr. per week time commitment.
- Must take 1 shift each week.
- Committing for preferably 1 year.
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
35 More opportunities with American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St. Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
March 20, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Training required and provided, average 15 hrs. total training time to be completed within 3-4 weeks. Must be available to work set/scheduled shifts during business hours: Mondays- Saturdays, 9:30am - 6:30 pm 2-4 hr. per week time commitment.
- Must take 1 shift each week. Committing for preferably 1 year