5 people are interested
5 people are interested
This is a part-time role and is perfect for gaining entry level HR experience, building your resume, developing your professional talents, and for developing HR project management skills.
Reports to: Recruiting & Onboarding Committee Chair or Onboarding Subcommittee Chair
Summary: The HR Assistant volunteer meets virtually with new volunteers to review the onboarding process with them, walk through how to access their SCORE volunteer email and how to access training videos. The HR Assistant will meet with volunteers periodically to review their progress and provide additional training and resources.
SCORE volunteers are the lifeblood of the organization and this position performs the critical role of helping bring our new volunteers into the organization.
Time Commitment (Training and Post-Training)
- Training will take approximately 3-5 hours and consists of virtual meetings and self-study. Training hours are flexible.
- After training, the volunteer commitment would be three to five hours per week for a period of at least three months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively meet virtually with the new volunteer weekly. The initial meeting is approximately 45 minutes. Subsequent meetings may be 10 - 30 minutes.
- Monitor the volunteer’s timely completion of the tasks outlined on the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist using our Salesforce based software.
- Teach specific processes and procedures used at SCORE.
Characteristics of a Successful HR Assistant
- Desire to help
- Sociable and likeable
- Good listener
- Ready to learn
- Strong computer skills
- Comfort with Zoom/Google Meet
Onboarding and Training
Your onboarding will be comprised of:
- Training Videos (1-2 hours)
- Self- Study
All volunteers are asked to evaluate their onboarding experience and provide feedback which will be shared with the onboarding team to assist in continuous improvement.
Location for Volunteer Work
Primarily Google Meet and/or Zoom
On occasion there may be opportunities to meet face to face. In those cases mileage will be reimbursed.
How To Apply
To volunteer in the HR Assistant role, please complete a volunteer application by visiting https://www.score.org/volunteer, entering your zip code and clicking on Apply Today. We will contact you for an appointment to discuss your experience, background and interest.
SCORE’s mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
We aim to give every person the support they need to thrive as a small business owner.
As a SCORE volunteer, you will leave a lasting impact in your local business community and you will have the chance to work alongside other community-minded, business volunteers to build your local small business community.
Among the many reasons why SCORE volunteers love their roles:
- Network with local and national business experts
- Develop new skills
- Build deeper connections to your local business community
- Invest your time and efforts positively help others
For more information about volunteering, visit us on the web at https://www.score.org/volunteer-faqs.
About SCORE SE Michigan
477 Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 48226, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 22, 2021
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Human Resources Assistance
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week