1 person is interested
Director of Finance | Board Member
1 person is interested
Volunteering Untapped Chicago is looking for a new Director of Finance to help build and lead the finance and fundraising teams of our organization! If you would like to be considered, please complete the below form no later than 11:59pm CST on Sunday, July 11th, 2021. You can reach out to Ankit at email@example.com with any questions. Strong applicants will be contacted after this date for a virtual interview.
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/ oaHEjdzRzsHVb2wh6
Our Director of Finance is in charge of a variety items: running our monthly events, being the point person in building and connecting with corporate partners and other organizations, applying to and working on grants, as well as building and operating Volunteering Untapped's budget and finances. Since VU Chicago is a relatively young organization, we are looking for an organized, entrepreneurial, and effective leader who is willing to bring new ideas to the table and collaborate with the rest of the board to further evolve the organization. The Director or Finance would take on the below tasks, which takes on average 2-3 hours per week, outside of board meetings. Please note this is a 2-year term:
- Set the annual strategy and goals for an overall executive and financial strategy to help the organization meet its short and long term goals
- Oversee various Finance committee members and lead strategies for corporate and grant outreach
- Project manage cross functionally across the organization (work with marketing, non-profit coordinators, etc.) to help plan / execute on events, especially as it relates to grants and corporate events
- Manage processes within leadership team (i.e. responsibilities, leadership meetings)
- Understand how to create and manage a budget and financial strategy for the organization
- Participate in approximately bi-weekly board meetings. This is typically a 1-2 hour commitment that falls outside of normal business hours (~6:30pm start time)
- Arrive at monthly Saturday events early and stay late to assist with set up and clean up of events
- Attend a minimum of 10 Saturday monthly events a year and 4 social events (i.e. fundraisers, happy hours, etc.)
- Coordinate yearly events, with the entire board (i.e. Chicago Volunteer Expo, yearly VU Chicago anniversary, leadership retreat) and participate in quarterly Leadership team meetings
- Communicate via Slack with all VU Chicago board and committee members, as an open forum and method of organization
Term length: 2 years, with opportunity to extend
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Organized and excited by innovative thinking and co-creating organizational strategy
- Past demonstration of leadership and management roles, with success in holding people accountable to deadlines in a caring and supportive manner
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and leading with a continuous examination of justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Has a passion for volunteering and relentless belief that a community of volunteers can contribute to a more just and equitable Chicago
- -Some financial knowledge and budgeting experience is a plus, but not required
About Volunteering Untapped Chicago
2707 N Mildred Ave., Chicago, IL 60614, US
Improving Chicago through increasing volunteerism.
Chicago possesses compassionate individuals who care about their communities and want to make a change. Up until now though, those individuals and their individual talents have been underutilized.
That’s where we come in. We strive to "untap" resources and opportunities in Chicago for those we serve. There’s a huge group of talented young professionals in the city who want to volunteer. We connect those volunteers with a wide array of nonprofits in the Chicagoland area, whether directly through our events, or through connections we help cultivate outside the structure of our program.
Community is central to our organization. After volunteering on the second Saturday morning of every month, we reward the hard work of our volunteers by tapping beers at the bar, tapping into new connections with other young people, and tapping into new opportunities and relationships through giving back and inspiring change in our communities.
Multiple locations Chicago, IL 60606
November 14, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- Time commitment: ~2-4 hours/week, including biweekly board meetings Term length: 2 years, with opportunity to extend
- APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/oaHEjdzRzsHVb2wh6