11 people are interested
Project Manager - Marketing Team
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of the Rare Genomics Institute Marketing team.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s efforts to connect and educate our rare disease communities. You will help the Marketing team continually communicate our multiple programs and offerings to our patients and their families.
The Project Manager has responsibilities in managing special projects for their Department
- Creates, tracks and manages projects by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews
- Create detailed project completion plans, estimates and schedules
- Identify trends, determine system improvements, implementing change
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project, its team, scope, budget, timelines, etc. using best project management processes/practices
- Enhance organization reputation by exploring opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (required)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others;
- Passion for learning the latest interactive technologies and techniques
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 14, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Program Management
- 5-10 hours per week