5 people are interested
Fundraising and Development Internship
5 people are interested
American Transplant Foundation is seeking interns who have an interest in learning about and gaining experience in building and cultivating donor relationships. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced workflow. We look for teammates that are humble, energetic, passionate about saving lives and ready to challenge themselves to grow in the field of fund development.
This postion can be in office (Denver, CO), hybrid, or remote.
We are flexible and can custom create a work schedule that meets your needs and our goals. A minimum commitment of 6-8 hours per week is required.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals. This is a fantastic way to gain experience working in the nonprofit sector.
This internship will provide experience in :
- Building and cultivating donor relationships.
- Communicating with donors in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Database management - tracking of donor contacts and crating acknowledgement letters.
- Volunteer development and digital campaigns
- Administrative and research projects as needed.
- Event planning and coordination
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work on multiple projects with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Experience with digital analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Adwords) to improve the effectiveness of digital campaigns is preferred but not required
About American Transplant Foundation
600 17th Street, Suite 2515 South, Denver, CO 80202, US
The American Transplant Foundation is a national non-profit organization that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women and children who are awaiting a life-saving transplant.
The American Transplant Foundation began with the personal journey of Denver attorney Steve Farber who was the recipient of a kidney transplant. Unique from other organizations that promote organ donation, the Foundation goes beyond basic education by coordinating collaborative efforts and proactively tackling policy issues to eliminate the gap between the critical need for organs and their supply, ultimately saving lives.
The American Transplant Foundation's primary objectives are to develop more mainstream opportunities for people to register as organ and tissue donors, to provide education and awareness through community-based outreach programs, and to endow a chair of transplant surgery.
600 17th StreetSuite 2515 SouthDenver, CO 80202
September 15, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- 6-30 hours/week