7 people are interested
Fundraising/Special Event Volunteers needed for annual fundraiser
ORGANIZATION: NoSilence NoViolence Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
NoSilence NoViolence is looking for dependable, creative and detail oriented volunteers to help with fundraising support for our annual event October 19th. We are donor funded and this volunteer opportunity directly impacts survivors and the continuing support we are able to provide! Our October 19th event provides much needed funds to support our year.
Fundraising/Special Event Support Volunteers will:
* Solicit donations from corporations (including gift cards, monetary support, in-kind) for annual fundraising event
* Solicit sponsorship opportunities from corporations
* Offer Marketing/PR support for annual fundraising event
* Assist with pre-planning of special event
* Work one or more positions during scheduled annual event (ie., check in, raffle organizer, set up, silent auction administrator)
* Facilitate a welcoming and engaging environment during event
* Create materials for upcoming events such as flyers, posters and signs
* Provide support drafting bid cards, description of prizing, raffle prizes for October event
* Maintain record of hours volunteered
We will provide training, ongoing support and education.
About NoSilence NoViolence Inc.
1307 Stratford Court, Del Mar, CA 92130, US
To reduce the incidence, trauma and stigma of domestic violence by creating awareness, providing support and empowerment, shifting perspectives, and promoting/facilitating systems change.
NoSilence NoViolence is a non-profit organization committed to providing education, training, resources, and community development that will eliminate stigma surrounding relationship abuse and sexual assault, while creating awareness, shifting perspectives, and creating change in the way we talk about domestic violence, as well as address the needs of those affected by the epidemic.
We are a volunteer based non-profit which means we rely on compassionate, dedicated and reliable volunteers to fulfill our mission. We provide training, continuing education and support to all of our volunteers.
If you or someone you know are in immediate danger, help is available. Please call 911 for life threatening emergencies. The following resources are also available for help and support:
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) you can also text the word START to 1-800-799-7233 www.thehotline.org
National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-4673
LGBTQ Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-832-1901
Multiple locations Encinitas, CA 92024
September 23, 2023
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a month, will be more during the month of September/October (annual fundraising event happens). We will work with your schedule.
- Cost of background checks to be paid for by volunteer (cost of $20.50). Scholarships available upon request.