13 people are interested
Domestic Violence Crisis Support Volunteers Needed
ORGANIZATION: NoSilence NoViolence Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
NoSilence NoViolence is looking for compassionate and dependable volunteers to help with crisis support calls and emails. Please don't let the word crisis scare you. If a survivor is in immediate danger they are instructed to contact 911 authorities. Our support team is for less immediate questions, however just as necessary and vital.
NoSilence NoViolence receives emails and calls from survivors for various reasons i.e. looking for resources and direction, educational group information, they are thinking of leaving, have general questions etc.
Crisis Support Volunteers will:
- Respond to crisis calls/emails as requested by lead crisis volunteer and/or NoSilence NoViolence Founder.The goal is to call back within 24 hours.
- Assess need of individual and connect to resources
- Provide follow-up calls/emails once initial contact has been made
- Research county resources for women in crisis
- Accompany participants to court hearings/other appointments per leader’s request
- Maintain record of hours volunteered and survivors supported
- 40 hour domestic violence training required or relevant experience
- Experience with or understanding of domestic violence
- Empathy, solid listening skills, patience and openness
- Knowledge of resources in the area that support Domestic Violence Survivors
- Social work and/or counseling
- A minimum of six month commitment and 4-6 hours a month required. Looking for volunteers that have experience with or understanding of domestic violence, empathy, solid listening skills, patience and openness.
About NoSilence NoViolence Inc.
1307 Stratford Court, Del Mar, CA 92130, US
To reduce the incidence, trauma and stigma of domestic violence by creating awareness, providing support and empowerment, shifting perspectives, and promoting/facilitating systems change.
NoSilence NoViolence is a non-profit organization committed to providing education, training, resources, and community development that will eliminate stigma surrounding relationship abuse and sexual assault, while creating awareness, shifting perspectives, and creating change in the way we talk about domestic violence, as well as address the needs of those affected by the epidemic.
We are a volunteer based non-profit which means we rely on compassionate, dedicated and reliable volunteers to fulfill our mission. We provide training, continuing education and support to all of our volunteers.
If you or someone you know are in immediate danger, help is available. Please call 911 for life threatening emergencies. The following resources are also available for help and support:
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) you can also text the word START to 1-800-799-7233 www.thehotline.org
National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-4673
LGBTQ Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-832-1901
Multiple locations Encinitas, CA 92024
September 6, 2023
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a month (sporadic as needed) we will work with your schedule. A minimum of a six month commitment preferred.
- Cost of background check to be paid for by volunteer (cost $20.50). Scholarships available upon request.