33 people are interested
Web Content Editor
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Web Content Editor (Volunteer)
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.We are looking for a Volunteer Web Content Editor to provide support in managing web content and ensuring the delivery of StandUp for Kids’ message across our website. The Web Content Editor will become the expert in terms of website content, functionality and optimization. This is a great opportunity to donate time, resources, and talent to support our important mission.
As a Web Content Editor, you will:
* Work with the Communication Coordinator and Leadership Team to determine general website "messaging" and define specific themes to push month to month
* Create and/or coordinate content submitted to national for website inclusion on a monthly basis * Collaborate with StandUp for Kids national webmaster, in order to optimize the impact of our local online presence
* Help Marketing Coordinator coordinate content creators (writers, photographers) to ensure articles are uploaded and published on time
* Troubleshoot design and content related issues
* Assure information on the local website pages are impactful, accurate and up-to-date, including leadership contacts, sponsors list, training calendar dates, etc.
* Report activities to the Communication Coordinator every month
* Ability to plan and manage work independently
* Proven written communication skills
* Good understanding of computer technology and the internet
* Ability to meet deadlines and lead staff to meet them as well
* Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids. * Website creation and maintenance experience a plus
* Volunteer position
* Remote, with occasional in-person events and/or meetings (Covid-19 safety protocols apply)
* Minimum 2-3 hours per week (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the Executive Director at the end of each month)
* Monthly Team Meeting
* Background check ($18 submission fee)
* StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation
Please use this online form to apply. StandUp for Kids has been implementing strict Covid-19 protocols to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, volunteers and the people we serve.
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
January 29, 2024
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See above scope
- See above description