7 people are interested
ORANGE COUNTY Street Outreach Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Street Outreach Volunteer
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.
We are looking for a Street Outreach Volunteer to do street and community outreach as part of a team. Street Outreach is a critical position, and the first line of contact with youth. This is a great opportunity to donate time, resources, and talent to support our important mission.
This position will provide street outreach. As part of a team, he/she works with homeless youth to conduct intakes, provide resources, and linkages to community supports. The Street Outreach volunteer will enter and log services, and dispatch follow-ups to case managers.
Reports to Operations Director
- Provide street-based crisis intervention services, gateway services, referrals, and crisis supportive counseling to homeless youth on the streets.
- Teach risk reduction strategies and coping skills to youth on the streets.
- Provide support in transitioning youth into a stable living environment.
- Ensure safety by conducting outreach with outreach team.
- Work closely with all street youth who voluntarily enter into the StandUp for Kids programs.
- Complete daily time and activity sheets. Administer Intakes to street youth
- Record keeping will include weekly/monthly reports and statistical record keeping as assigned.
- Maintain clean driving record, keep company vehicle clean and report maintenance issues/auto repair issues to agency in written form.
- Complete mileage log as applicable for driving between sites during outreach activities.
- Job requires weekly stops at bus station, local malls, StandUp for Kids sites and community centers located at parks and other areas where street youth congregate.
- Attend community fairs to promote awareness of the agency programs and meet with street youth to build relationships of trust for referrals for service.
- This position will work on the streets as well as spend time at emergency shelters / transitional living programs to source referrals.
- The position will be responsible for following all youth that enter from the streets as well as those who enter through the StandUp for Kids Program including doing their follow-up for up to 3 months once they exit the programs.
- Caring, compassionate individual with the ability to interact with a variety of youth in different circumstances. Good listener with good problem-solving skills. Ability to establish communications with at-risk teens and refer them to appropriate services when needed. Maintain proper boundaries with clients to ensure appropriate therapeutic relationships.
- The Outreach Worker must have the ability to work as a team member with community partners from other social service agencies, law enforcement and other youth related businesses. In addition to serving as an outreach worker with the youth, the worker will also serve as a representative of StandUp for Kids and a liaison with other youth service providers.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with staff, business professionals and other agencies in the community.
- 2-4 hours per week, calendared projects and/or special events may require a few more hours (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the Executive Director at the end of each month)
- Background check ($18 submission fee)
- StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation
Please use this. online form to apply.
StandUp for Kids has been implementing strict Covid-19 protocols to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, volunteers and the people we serve.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
November 15, 2022
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Please see above scope
- See above description